15

Hey Gally, what's going on I heard screaming?" says a very familiar voice. Newt looks at where the voice is coming from and there she is. "Y/N?" 

-Y/N's Pov-

I turn my head to where the familiar voice came from. And there he is. "Newt?"

Before I knew it I was hugging him. I let go of him and am immediately brought into a hug with Lana and Brenda. "What the bloody hell happened to you?" Newt asks

''After we were done with the rescue I walked to my car. But of course there were already WICKED guards there.'' I explain. “They found me and brought me here with the others. And last night me and Minho tried to escape with the help of a doctor. But they found us, so Minho pushed me out of a window so I could escape."

''Wait, did I hear this right? So you jumped out of a window?" Lana asks. "Yes, but I fell into a pond so I'm still alive." I answer. "And how did you get here?" asks Brenda.

''When I was running away from WICKED, Gally helped me out of the city.'' I say. "Wait you know a way in?" Thomas asks Gally.

------------

Gally leads the group to Lawrence as he explains how he got here. "Let me do the talking. ... And try not to stare'' he says just like the first time I saw Lawrence. Everyone looks at me questioningly. "Just do what he said," I say and follow Gally.

"Gally, glad to see you made it back," says Lawrence. “Hi, Y/N. How are you?" "Good" I reply shortly. "Jasper already told me what happened," Lawrence continues. “It was the Slaughter. There's nothing we can do against these guns.” Gally replies

"Who are these people?" he asks. “Why are they here?” “We need to get into WICKED. Gally said you can help with that'' Thomas says.

Lawrence looks at Thomas. "He should know better than to make promises he can't fulfill," he says. “The wall is only half of your problem. Getting into WICKED is impossible'' the man continues.

"There may be a way in now," Gally announces. "But it won't work without Thomas." "Is it so?" asks Lawrence. "Do you know what I'm Thomas?" he leans closer to Thomas. "I'm a business man. Which means I don't take unnecessary risks'' the man continues as he takes a step back.
"Why should I trust you?"

"Because I can help you," Thomas replies. "If you can get me past these walls, I'll give you what you need." "What is it you think I need?" the older man asks him. "Time." Thomas looks at the drip. "every single drop"

''WICKED is something we both want.'' says Thomas. “I tell you two can go now. The rest stays here with me. It's just to make sure you come back." "We've got a deal." He holds out his hand for Thomas to shake. Thomas hesitates for a moment but shakes the man's hand anyway.

------------

We had decided that Newt and Thomas would go through the underground train tunnels inside the Last City with Gally.

Gally opens a sewer cover where there is a hole leading to the tunnels. He places a ladder in the hole, the group stands around it. "Gally, take care of these two," Frypan says as Gally climbs down the ladder. "Yeah" is all he replies and he climbs all the way down.

Thomas climbs down the ladder after Gally. Before Newt can climb off the ladder I give him a quick hug. "Promise you'll come back?" I ask him as I slowly pull away. ''I promise'' And then he climbs down the ladder just like the other two boys.

Once the boys have left, Lana, Brenda, Frypan, Jorge and I sit down around a table close to the tunnel so we can see when the boys come back.

When it's quiet for a while I decide to start a conversation. "How did you get all the way here?"

''When Thomas found out that Minho wasn't on the train car we rescued, he wanted to come and rescue him on his own'' Frypan starts. "Of course Newt noticed that right away and persuaded him to let me and him go with him."

'We were closed in by cranks and couldn't get out'' he continues. "And then we came to rescue them," Lana interrupts him.
"Yeah, these shits weren't even gone for a day and they almost died." Brenda continues. "I sometimes wonder how you guys are still alive," says Jorge.

Lana looks at me and sees the wounds Janson had given me. "How did you get those wounds?" she asks as she moves closer to inspect me for more wounds. "Janson" I answer curtly. "What did he do?" asks Brenda as she comes closer. "He wanted to know where the Right Arm is, but I didn't say anything so he tortured me," I tell them.

I'm going to kill him if I see him," Lana says.

A little later Thomas, Newt and Gally return and tell us what they saw.

🪻✨854 Words✨🪻