Chapter 1

"1...2....3..4..Yay!" the little boy called out as he finished the hopscotch game.

Mr.Lee picked up the little boy and spun him around. "Good Job Felix!! I'm so proud!!"

Felix laughed, loving the accomplishment he just finished. His dad put him down as he took his hand. "Let's go back inside now. I need to head off to work okay."

Felix squeezed his fathers hand. "Don't go!! Don't go!! Mommy is scary.."

Mr.Lee bent down to Felix, soon kissing his head. "Mommy isn't scary? You're just a daddy's boy. I'll be back in the morning to see you off to school okay."

Felix shook his head with tears in his eyes. The older soon wiped them away with his thumbs.  "Aw Felix don't cry...Come on." Mr.Lee picked up the little boy and carried him inside. Sitting him down in the kitchen where his mother stood at the stove, cooking whatever that was for dinner that night.

Little Felix watched his father kiss his mother goodbye and him also before hearing the front door close. Now the house was filled with silence. As Felix sat at the dinner table he was frightened to turn his head. Frightened to move from his seat incase of the wrong move.

"Felix.." A sickening honey-like tone called to him.

"Yes mom.." He tried to speak confidently.

"Come to mommy.." She spoke. Back still turned to face the stove as her long red dress hung right below her knees. A blue polka-dotted apron covered the front of her and small black heels took her feet.

The little boy did not want to. Instead he wanted to run as fast as he could to find his father's car and stay with him forever, but after living with his mother who hated him, his legs learned to move without thought.

Felix stood in front of his mother, head held low as he twiddled with his fingers. He knew what was going to happen. It happened every time His father left for a night shift at the hospital. Happened every time he and his mother were alone.

"Felix, look at me right now."

Felix kept his head down, scared of the frightening scene he didn't want to face before him. -Look up before she hurts you..before she does something bad-  Yet his reaction to his conscience was too slow for his mother.

The woman grabbed a fist of his brunette locks and yanked his head back, forcing the little boy to yelp and connect gazes. His mother's blue eyes glistened with deep and dark oceans as they peered down at Felix.

"You dare not listen to me, you worthless piece of shit!"

"Mommy that hurts!!" Felix cried out.

"Don't call me that. I would never want to be your mother. You're nothing to me dammit but your father loves you... I wish I never had you!!"

The women soon let go of Felix ; soon causing him to fall to his knees in sobs. "You didn't stay in your room today like I told you. Instead you invited your father outside to play, taking my time away from him. Stand up dammit..."

Felix did as told as tears cascaded his starry cheeks and sniffles echoed through the house. His mother huffed as she swiped her cigarette and a lighter, soon lighting it and taking a huff of poison and puffing it out through her bow shaped lips. Felix stood there shaking not sure how much longer he could hold himself up.

"Bad boys get punished for their wrongdoings Felix. You know that. Turn around now."

Felix sadly obeyed. Knowing what's coming next he began to cry more. The long black haired grabbed the spoon that was laying itself on the burning stove with an oven mit. Forcefully lifting up her son's shirt, she pressed the spoon to his porcelain skin.