One - Life

among the row and row of bottles lying around him, Zee woke up with a start. hes been lying on his stomach and it badly hurts his back. age seems to be creeping up on him but it should not be the case. hes a wolf, an alpha at that, but with the absence of his mate, it made his world grimmer day by day making him grumpier and unsociable. he sat up from his rickety bamboo family chair and watched the shinning glow of the lake before him. he could have been mesmerized by the beauty the view the lake is giving him but it was long gone. gone when his wife and son left this plane years ago.

 gone when his wife and son left this plane years ago

he stood up and went directly to his bedroom. the same bed that he and his wife last slept in. still in its disarray state. same clothes on the floor. the same position of his wifes things laid on top of its mirrored dresser, his gift on their second year anniversary. this place is too depressing to him since he could still see his wife sprawled on top of their bed unclothed with a hemp rope around her neck. while his son was in her arms, with the same rope on his own dainty neck.

bathed, clothed and unbothered for any more personal grooming, he walked out of his house. the house where he promised his late wife all the happiness she deserved. where he promised his son a baby bicycle for his upcoming fourth birthday.

if only he didnt left that day.

if only he could have bring them with him in town.

if only hes not a werewolf, he could have the promised eternal slumber and be with his family awaiting the next life.

pouring gallons after gallons of gasoline inside as well as in their outhouse, he ignited them. he wanted to forget. 

he wanted to die.

but the crazy elder in their town told him to wait.

to wait again.

and again

this goes on for more than a decade, nearly two.

no matter how he tried to kill himself, he always just come back alive and as a consolation price, body ache and a few scratches. 2 days later hell be back in tip top shape. alpha blood he thinks became a curse already on his depressed mind.

looking at the majesty of the flames, he cursed the fanatics who came into their town. no one could have suspected them. they were staged as pilgrims passing through and no one paid them a mind since this place is usually a pit stop of such people. citizens here were a bit too friendly to outsiders. supernaturals being out and about in public nowadays made them too lenient and spurted out information without care.

 supernaturals being out and about in public nowadays made them too lenient and spurted out information without care