Twelve - Dance

NEW POV

never was a day that i was never cared for by my mate.

breakfast in bed in the morning before school.

bathing together with him assisting me all the way.

then after school and internship, a meal outside our home to keep me away from cooking.

and as we arrived home, a foot rub before bath and a bit of a massage on my lower back to appease my aching muscles.

how lucky am i?

time and time again, zee always texted me confirming my situation.

did i eat?

did i drank enough water?

is mat with me to help me with anything?

is there anybody making me uncomfortable, if so who? which i bet hell come cross whoever will it be and im tempted to tell that its my internship adviser just to overcome my distaste of her.

im not in the slightest bothered by his over protectiveness. i understand him. if i were in his position, ill do the same but im in the borderline getting a bit overfussed and its eating my psyche bit by bit.

"you know im capable of doing this on my own, love. its just a glass of my prescribed milk. nothing too fancy." i voiced out my annoyance as he reached out for my glass and attempted to pry it out of my hand. im just pregnant, im not invalid in any part of my body to be catered too much.

"i know but i also know how tiring it is to carry another life inside, my love. please let me do all the mundane tasks and just relax and be calm. stress is not good for the both of you, please." he said caressing my lower back.

"im gonna be a potato if you wont let me do anything as simple as making this drink, zee." i said now a bit annoyed. cant he understand? i felt helpless.

"but a cute potato that is. just let me be please. i enjoy it."

i dont know what got into me but i bawled crying river. i pushed him aside and walked over to the sofa and curled myself as much as i could possibly do with my bulging stomach. hormones... yeah, its hormones.

i felt the seat beside me dip and a gentle tug on my arms made me uncurl and sat on his lap. it felt so automatic, you would be surprised how he could maneuver me over to his lap without much of a sharp jerk or a painful twist.

he dipped his head over to the crook of my neck and cuddled me until im all hiccups and sobs.

"i love you." zee whispered over my ear making me shiver all over. goosebumps littered my neck and arm and even up to my legs.

i encircled my arm over to his neck and kissed him lightly. "i love you, too. im sorry."

"dont be, love. i should be the one saying that. i might have gone overboard somehow at some point. im sorry."

i eagerly shook my head. i heard a chuckle from him and cradled me on his broad chest. "lets go to bed."

time skip

im already at my seven and a half month and i saw my mate less and less these past few days.

from time to time, my mom accompanied me overnight or sometimes for a few nights saying that zee is on a round the clock patrol. theres been alot of kidnapping from nearby towns and wolf villages and its making zee on edge. i dont know the gist of it but i think the main point was all the kidnap victims were either an omega or pregnant ones.

zee already asked my school to give me a remote class scheme since im just a few weeks away to graduate anyway and luckily, the bank already finished my internship and was even promised a job if ever i was interested in the near future. i was every bit thankful and will let them know after graduation.