Thirteen - Demons

ZEE POV

"Alpha Zee!." a young warrior came running to me one morning. im on my second scoop of my dinner and im dying for this meal since early in the afternoon. i felt like a pup again wet and green behind the ear due to the rigorous training weve been put into. this pack is really serious when it comes to their warrior training. i heard theyve been part of the ancient prophecy and the royals have endured because of them. but still, their training regimen is no joke.

"im no alpha of my pack but im zee. what is it?" i said standing up to acknowledge the call.

"sir, lord ayberk need you at the office right away." he said.

"lead the way."

abandoning my meal, i left the mess hall and into the mansion where the alphas office was located. if these times are not as dire as it is, i could tell that this place is a paradise. it felt calm and serene. you couldnt find any fault in it. its like its blessed and never to fade in time.

 its like its blessed and never to fade in time

ever since this morning, ive been restless. ive been called out multiple times if im not spacing out, im being too ruthless at my sparring partner. theres this nagging in my gut that i need to go home and be with my pregnant mate. i really hate this feeling. im catching my breath from time to time, i could be mistaken that i ran a marathon. now im being called into the alpha kings office, im dreading the worst.

"my lord, its alpha zee." i shouted outside the door. i know he could hear me just fine and i know just by scent that im about to be drenched into, hes not in his usual mood. its unnerving.

"come in." i heard over the door.

as soon as i stepped into the door, my knees nearly buckled to the floor. the extent of his power is so intense you could cut it through. the enclosed space didnt really helped much, his scent is overwhelming. something might had happened to his mate.

"my lord." i knelt instinctively as he approached my lowly self.

"stand up we dont have much time for such reverence. i want you to steel yourself." he said without any emotions reflected on his face. all i could ever feel was his intense presence and his wolf peering through his eyes.

"yes, sir." i stood up and prayed for my knees to put up with the intensity of the room.

"your beta called in. your mate has been abducted by the same group."

"h-how?" i felt cold all of a sudden. i felt lost. i dont know how to bear myself any longer.

"same procedure as others, same lingering scent, same people thats been loitering around my mate."