Two - Regret

Morning of my last day here in this city. moms been pestering me since the day i told her that ill be coming to live with her. shes ecstatic and excited to the point that it is annoying but thats what i like about her. her being a wolf and him being not her mate seems to feel that the relationship will not last long. my mom once told me that he knew about my fathers infidelity with his secretary and she just let it be. she fell out of love long before she knew dad's cheating.

divorced, i chose to stay with my dad due to  school. it was in the middle of the semester and itll be hard to get my papers out and transfer. but with all of this, knowing that ill be having a broken family seems to be sad for others but for me its for the better. my father was never a physical abuser but he has a sharp tongue and i was never out of range from his name calling. well hes one of the reasons why i stopped talking.

now that ill be gone from here, im sure ill miss some of my friends and some that i will not. especially the bullies. yup, high schools not the only place that got bullies. college, too. and theyre much worse since they tend to drive everything with money especially in our type of college. i hate them but all that i could do was just glare at them. i became their entertainment but i wont let them find satisfaction in seeing me cry in their presence. i know im not what theyre saying. i know that i am worthy to this life that i was given and i am special. im a werewolf. i know whos in the upper hand when it comes to physical altercations but im a responsible citizen. i know our restrictions but sometimes a little revenge wont hurt, right?

mom'll pick me up later in the afternoon since she still has her duties at a local high school there in her hometown. she cant have a leave since its on short notice.

turning on a new leaf, ill start my final year in college as a financial management student and i already applied for an internship with the local bank there with the help of my mother. thankfully, they accepted and even promised a post when i graduated since not every youth in that place stays there. mostly, some ventured out of town or even applied to be a warrior at the castle or for the pack.

speaking of the pack, i was already accepted at their pack by their elders. its a little bit weird since their town was headed by an elder, not an alpha. i dont know the story behind it but since the town endured, the management seems to run it okay.

"hi, baby loves. you ready?" my mom hugged me when he reached her old home, our house, here in the city. he ignored my father with a leech, sorry, with his mistress beside him. 

i nodded in reply to her and looked at my father. he waved at me and just like that he entered the house and locked it. i bet hes having the time of his life already.

"ignore them. they deserved each other." she then looked at me. she knew my condition and respected it. she knew that ill turn around soon but even myself dont know when will that happen. "as for me, im so happy to be finally be with you, love." she really loved to give me endearing names, which i like.

i beamed a smile at her and proceeded to enter her car.

after an hour on the road and a bit of a jamming and head banging with the radio on, we played 20 questions in which turned out that shell do all the questions. i pulled out my phone and put it on read aloud setting. im not gonna risk an accident everytime she looked over to my pad, so phone it will be.

"hows the shift?" i bet shes talking about werewolf stuff.

ive been doing it every chance i got but every full moon sucks. i cant bear it anymore without my mate, mom. i typed and phone read it aloud.

"still didnt find him among the city folks there?" she said rather concerned.

there are suitors, yes, but none of them is my mate. mom, maybe the goddess forgot about me and skipped me in giving me a mate. i said looking down at my fingertips.