Farewell

(Unedited)

"Ju Shui, you look somehow more beautiful today. Is it to snatch my soul?"

The woman dressed in a transparent blue robe opened her eyes and her lips curved into a smile, "Soul? If I wanted that I could have that, but the only thing I want is your heart. Can you give me that?"

Shi Wudu captured her lips and kissed her for a long time and whispered, "At this very moment, I will cherish you with all my heart."

Long long ago, the princess of Shui realm had fallen in love with a god, albeit an indecent one.

.
.
.

"You have come..."

He Xuan looked at the figure floating in front of him. Princess of Shui realm had a name for her beauty across all the heavens and realms.  He Xuan had never seen her before but right now looking at her, not a trace of beauty could be found.  Her eyes were haggard and cheeks sunken to the bones, her appearance so frail that He Xuan feared, one sweep of strong wind would send her flying. Yet the pressure of her power fell on his shoulder, so heavy.

"Staying silent I see. Want me to tell you about your deeds? About why a demon such as you got the honor to see my presence?"

He Xuan stayed silent. He really wasn't curious. If it were not for this person to bother him, specially with the trace of his enemy, he would likely never had to come across this person.

The woman's face twisted into a painful expression as if even remembering what and why she had come here today was enough hurtful to make her cry.

"You...you killed my lover. Killed the only person I ever loved. I have gone realms to realms, looked for the same feeling he gave me and oh how I have failed to find it, every single time. I have tried so many methods, so many rituals yet with that small piece of his soul that is bound to my blood, won't ever tremble like it used to, won't ever flow and won't wake up. I.. I have called him so many times. I have found his body, meticulously fixed him, poured so much spritual power yet ...YET HE WON'T WAKE UP. HE WON'T TALK. Why!? I have gone to the envoy of hell, checked all the reincarnation cycle yet he is nowhere."

Her eyes were bloodred and sea erupted with the beat of her restlessness. She looked like she was in a trance.

"Do you know what it means?"

He Xuan knew. But he didn't say anything as if he was mute. Nevertheless the woman continued, her blue hair flying ruthlessly, creating a illusion of being one with the ocean, "It's almost as if he was never here. Almost as if the person I'm talking about hadn't touch me, hadn't talked to me, hadn't loved me. Almost as if all those time I were in a dream."

A god's end was hardly possible. Yet if once ended, they will disappear from every realm without any trace as if their soul was never a part of this world, like a mundane dust; it's gone and nowhere to be found. But seems like Shi Wudu had left a small piece of his soul with this woman. He probably had guessed he had his Karama coming, so maybe, as his final request he left it with a powerful individual so that even after disappearing, his enemy can be tormented. In a way Shi Wudu and He Xuan seemed to share many similarities.

He Xuan smiled. His flawless appearance looked dangerously ethereal the moment a smile was placed on his lips. It was of neither mockery nor pity. It was hard to see a ghost king with such pure smile, "Love, hu. I too had ...have loved someone."

Right. He too failed to find the same feeling in every corner of this world and only when he settled into the broken temple did he felt the same feeling all over again.

The entanglement of fate is cruel to the point of wanting to change it. Yet, one mustn't do it.

The sea wave raged and a body appeared in the middle of it out of nowhere. The heavy wind blocked most of He Xuan's view yet he could see the familiar figure rising up, the same body, same face yet lifeless.

He Xuan thought he would feel rage upon seeing that face again, however contradictory to his thoughts, he felt a wave of exhaustion hitting him. Too long. This page of history has been going on for too long.

He Xuan knew that the woman's spirit had entered the body. It was really a waste. It took a lot of spiritual power to control a body that was killed by none other than the ghost king. And the woman also seemed to have drained herself out of spritual energy while trying to find the soul of this person. She had also taken many measures to haunt He Xuan down.
Yet she seemed powerful, powerful enough to take him down; as her life no longer mattered to her. He Xuan could tell, she had come here today with the intention of dying inside the vessel where she felt the warmest; inside her lover's body.

"Show me the ugliness you bore. Don't fake it. I know your secret."

He Xuan sighed. Suddenly remembering the night when Qinxuan touched all his scars and kissed them lightly. All those touches seemed to have somehow, more or less healed him.

He Xuan created a barrier to save his pets and another to protect himself from the rain of sharp water blade that kept coming toward him; wave after wave. Every single one of them seemed to have killing intention behind it.

"I just want to tell you, I never once regretted it," he declared to himself, to the world.

The woman screamed. Immediately sharp pain penetrated his five senses. He Xuan took a deep breath and finally launched his attack.

.
.
.

"Qinxuan, your body is of a mortal. You can not go. Listen to me and sit here. We will go check on him."

Shi Qingxuan felt as if his entire body was on fire. His dirty clothes were soaked through the sweat. It was never this painful to just stand up.

"Your highness, my time to drink meng po soup* is already knocking on the door. I have nothing to fear. I just want to see him once."

Xia Lian was distressed. It is not unknown to him that a mortal's life is shorter than a breath but Qingxuan had yet to reach old age, yet to live a fulfil mortal life.

"But ..."

"Your highness," Hua Cheng gently touched his wrist, his fingers soothing to the skin, "Let's take him to the place. There isn't much time left."

Xie Lian looked at him with fondness and held his hand tightly.

"Right. Let's do so."

Qingxuan gave him a shaky smile.

.
.
.

Upon arriving the destination, they faced a great problem.

"San Lang, we can't enter?"

Hua Cheng furrowed his eyebrows. This was He Xuan's territory. Naturally his power was at it's highest here. The barrier seemed to recognise no one but it's master.

Suddenly Hua Cheng narrowed his eyes and looked at the frail  human who was clutching onto the crutches like a lifeline. He picked him up by his collar with one hand and threw him over the barrier before saying, "We can only accompany till here. You're on your own now."

Before Qingxuan could reply he was already thrown inside the barrier and was separated from them. It was almost tragic that he couldn't even say his farewell to his highness. But on the second thought, he felt grateful to Chengzu.
Words of farewell carries no promises whereas no words mean, words have already been given; words of how they shall meet again.

~to be continued

Footnote: Meng Po Soup* basically means drinking the yellow river's water after death to forget the past life memories and to be able to reincarnate without any regrets.

A/N: Xiao_Rumi, I got your message and wanted to dedicate this chapter to you as your message had really made me feel alot better after a bad day.

Then We Met Again || 2xuan || Beefleaf On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara