Black Demon's concern, Black Demon's gift 2

The first place the kids brought him was a laundry.

The smart kid among them spoke up, "Gege comes here often to wash cloths if any washer gets tired or sick. But it doesn't happen always as he is not permanent worker. Also his payment is half from the regular worker."

He Xuan listened and went inside. As He Xuan walked inside, people watched him with surprise and fear.

They heared more or less about yesterday's incident. And He Xuan immediately became the hot topic among the chatter.

He Xuan looked at one of them and said, "Is there any work that I can do?"

People looked at him weirdly. But none of them spoke up.

"I need money to buy food or simply food will be okay as well. Do you have any work?" He Xuan patiently asked again. But his voice was dark. After becoming supreme he never thought he would look for this type of work for food.

Someone from the crowd spoke, "Did you come instead of Feng?"

He Xuan nodded.

"Did that brat lose his leg finally?" Although there sentence was cruel, some of them looked concerned. Looks like not many people can hate Shi QingXuan.

"We have to disappoint you. There isn't much laundry here anyway. So there isn't any work for you."

He Xuan nodded and came out from the laundry. He looked at the children and spoke, "Now what?"

Seeing his disappointed face the children laughed, "Gege looks sad. We have still plenty of places to look for work. And don't hope that we might get work. It's rare."

He Xuan looked at the band of the kids. It was so easy for them to say, they might not eat food for a whole day. They must have been through worse than this.

He Xuan's life wasn't easy either when he was dead. But after becoming supreme, there wasn't much problem no matter how much loan he had take from Hua Cheng, it was still better than this situation.

Till afternoon they visited many places, and looked for work but there wasn't a single work for him. There wasn't any brick for him to break, nor there was anywhere to cook, nor there was any work in field.

In evening, He Xuan realised this won't work. So he said those kids to go home and said he would go for hunting instead.

The kids tried to pursue him to take them with him but he told them about some scary monster and they flew away. Of course he didn't tell them any funny scary thing like Shi QingXuan. He didn't have much sense of humor in himself.

He Xuan quietly draw a distance shortening array and reached in a good wild forest for hunting.

Although drawing distance shortening array took a lot of spiritual power, he was okay with it, as he didn't use any spiritual power for almost two days. He was recovering quite fast as he didn't need to use that high amount of spiritual to hide those scars as well.

He saw some good quality woods in the forest as well. Seeing them suddenly a thought popped into his mind.

....

Shi QingXuan was sitting beside the small fire they could manage to put on. The night was becoming colder day by day. Winter was coming soon. It's the most difficult season for people like them to deal. Many people among them would die. Shi QingXuan felt chill in his bones thinking what if he had to die in this winter.

"Gege, do you think Keai gege left us?" One of the kid who had gone with He Xuan clutched on Shi QingXuan's cloth and spoke in a low voice so that other couldn't hear them.