Earth Master's shovel

"Feng gege is back!", a kids sharp voice could be heard in the heavy storm and among others' shouting. As soo as the kid's voice was heard all the people felt silent and patiently waited for Shi Qingxuan to arrive at the door of the broken temple.

"Ge- why are you alone? Where is Keai gege?"

"Where is your crutch?"

Among the many questions and stares, Shi QingXuan somehow seemed lost. His sight was unclear due to constant rain drops that kept falling in his eyelashes and he kept batting them.

All the people around him kept touching him, wanting to help him but instead making a chaos. Shi QingXuan could neither move nor stand still and he almost fell into the mud. An elder from the team came and moved away those people cussing for a while as if he was the most reasonable person among them. Elder Yun was almost in his 80's, still he seemed stronger than many other of them. As he pulled Shi QingXuan inside the temple no one objected him. Everyone was curiously eyeing Ol' Feng.

Shi QingXuan shuddered silently and suddenly seemed to be conscious, the helpless and hazy look in his eyes disappeared and the clear bluish eyes came back. He smiled awkwardly at the curious looking people and sat down, seeming quite tired due to the previous actions.

As he sat awkwardly, a loud crying bursted from the other side of the temple. The sharp crying almost pierced the stormy wind.

Shi QingXuan who seemed tried to even sit properly, immediately stood up and followed the direction of the sound.

The neared he went, the sharper the sound got.

The sharp screaming wasn't the usual screaming of any child or woman. It was similar to the sound of nail scratching but it was a lot louder.

Some other people was also wanted following Shi Qingxuan but he gestured them not to. Those who understood stopped following, those who didn't understood was dragged by others.

As Shi Qingxuan stood in the courtyard of the temple he saw a woman carrying kind of lump and was gazing far away as if the screaming wasn't disturbing her at all. All those nail scratching like sound was coming from the lump which the lady was holding.

It was hard for people to detect others present in the middle of the heavy storm so the lady didn't seem to notice Shi Qingxuan at all.

Shi Qingxuan was about to call her but he stopped in midway when he saw the lady pulling out a shovel. The shovel...

Shi Qingxuan even if hundred of years passed away, he would never, never mistake the shovel. Even in this heavy storm, he could clearly see, it was the Earth Master's shovel!

An ordinary human shouldn't possess a heavenly weapon. If Shi Qingxuan didn't remember wrong, then the last one who possessed this weapon should be Yin Yu who was under the command of Chengzu. After his 'almost' dispersing, it should have been possessed by either Hua Cheng or his spouse Xie Lian. But what was it doing here.

While Shi Qingxuan was lost in thought , the lady seemed to have already made progress in digging. After she was satisfied with her works, she put the lump on the ground and threw it into the hole that she digged.

The lady didn't seem to have noticed the sharp crying and she started throwing mud at it almost as if she wanted to... bury it alive.

Shi QingXuan gasped but didn't try to go and save it without thinking. Shi Qingxuan wasn't dumb. If someone could possess the earth master's shovel, then that person most certainly wasn't a common human. Now throwing himself to the person would be of no use. He hid himself behind a tree and peeked at the lady.

A sharp thunder fell somewhere and for a minute the viciousness of the lady seemed to bloom into her creepy smile. She seemed to be in quite good mood, even singing a song. But Shi Qingxuan couldn't hear it.

He shivered in both cold and a unknown fear. After quite a while the lady stopped her work and Shi Qingxuan held his breath and hid himself more. She didn't seem to notice anyone and the next minute when Shi Qingxuan peeked, the lady seemed to have disappeared.

He sighed and almost thought he went crazy and maybe imagined everything. But as he went to the place where the lady was digging, the signs of burying something was the only proof left for Shi Qingxuan to realize it wasn't imagination.

He wanted to dig out the 'thing' that the lady buried but as a mortal he was lacking courage of course. He no longer possessed an immortal body neither he had anything to protect himself.

He bent down and put his air into the ground, the sharp nail scratching like sound once again entered into his hearing and he immediately stoop up and breathes heavily before going away from the site.

"Feng Gege, what was that sound? I can't hear it anymore."

The other kid smacked the chubby boy who came to Shi Qingxuan excitedly asking him this and that and proudly said, "Of course Feng gege defeated it. "

Shi Qingxuan giggled and his heavy heart lightened up a bit.

Ghost or God's affair should not concern him anymore. He can live like the simple and careless mortal now. There was nothing for him to cherish now.

He used to envy the mortals once and he even got to become a mortal.

This life, gave him so much, much more than he deserved.

Author's note:

Please do forgive my typo and errors. I have decided that I will edit all of the chapters together after finishing the book. Also I don't think I can update any further before new year, since I'm quite busy with rl. Thank you so much for supporting this book. I love you all. Please take care of yourselves.