Black Demon's concern, Black Demon's gift

It was night time. Everyone was sitting around fire. They were chatting among themselves or sitting quite a few step away and talking to ownself.

He Xuan was sitting around a bunch of kids. They were dirty and filthy but their doe eyes were brighter than the stars in the sky. They didn't really mind that they had nothing to eat for dinner. It was nothing new for them. But He Xuan was new for them. So they were looking at him unblinkingly and were asking him this and that. He Xuan was giving them small nodes or small answers. He wasn't a chatty person.

Shi QingXuan was lying on the courtyard of the temple and fell asleep a few moments ago. He Xuan looked at the peaceful figure and sighed.

Yes, he decided to stay here for a while. There were two reasons. One, as he wasn't fully recovered from the lost of spiritual power he needed those pills. Two, he hadn't yet think about any solid plan to defeat that powerful creature thus going near water wasn't good for him, but as he couldn't actually bear to stay far away from water, this place was quite perfect. He could visit the river whenever he wanted to and stay in a safe place as well.

Of course he could just go and ask Hua Cheng for a place to live for a few days and ask for those pills as well. Hua Cheng won't refuse of course and ghost city was much safer but He Xuan had his own pride as a supreme as well. Because of eating and possessing some other things he had indeed many debt but those were different from this situation. He couldn't just go and hide under another supreme's wings. Other than this there was of course no reason.*

The kids were drooping and so they went to the temple and slept on the floor. There was no mat or blanket for them but they didn't seem to mind. All the elders also went into the temple and slept. He Xuan thought, 'even those kids were more sensible then him.' Shi QingXuan was still soundly sleeping in courtyard. He Xuan couldn't bear to see anyway and went toward him.

"Feng, Feng! Hey! Wake up! Go into the temple and sleep you moron!"

Shi QingXuan was asleep like a dead person.  After calling him over and over He Xuan didn't received any response and it pissed him off even more. He thought, 'so what if he had slept outside, it's not like the temple was any better than outside.'
But the sight still pissed him off. Shi QingXuan looked like a dog on guard.

He Xuan finally couldn't bear it anymore and though to pick Shi QingXuan up. Shi QingXuan had a broken leg so of course he couldn't walk shoulder by shoulder to him even if his whole body leaned on him. So He Xuan put his one hand under Shi QingXuan's back and another under his knees and picked him up in his arms. He Xuan had thought picking up a man like this would be much heavier than this. But as he had guessed by the appearance of Shi QingXuan, he had indeed lose tons of weight. It's not first time for He Xuan to pick Shi QingXuan up like this. He had to do it quite a few times as Shi QingXuan would injure himself easily. But it was always in Shi QingXuan's female form, cause it would make his body lighter. It's indeed He Xuan's first time picking Shi QingXuan up like this in his arms, in his male form. Thinking back, Shi QingXuan would never be able to transform into a female form ever again. Although he used to love to transform into that form.

After watching him for a few moment, He Xuan sighed and walked into the temple and put Shi QingXuan down on the torn, old mat. As expected Shi QingXuan was indeed heavy sleeper. And he was still sleeping soundly, unbothered.

He Xuan looked at his broken leg and arm. And the though again ran through his mind. 'What had happened to him, after he threw him away?'

....

"Feng gege, Feng gege!"
Shi QingXuan woke up with fierce "WHAT"! as if the whole temple was on fire. He almost seemed panicked. He Xuan rolled his eyes secretly. It was nothing new to him. He was very used to sleepy Shi QingXuan and most of the time, he was the one to go and wake him up.

"What are shouting for gege, it's just, it's noon now. You never slept this much. Also how come you're inside today?"

He Xuan wasn't looking at Shi QingXuan but his ears were all perking up to listen to the story. Hearing the kid saying how come Shi QingXuan was sleeping inside today, He Xuan guessed that Shi QingXuan always slept outside the temple like a dog on guard.

His suspicion was confirmed as one of the elder also came beside Shi QingXuan and said, "Ya, you never sleep inside except if you're sick. Also you always wake up early morning. Are you sick again? It's been not long you were sick and yesterday you had beating. Are you okay?" The elder looked pretty concerned. Probably because he knew Shi QingXuan wasn't on his best.

On the other hand He Xuan was pretty much shocked. When Shi QingXuan was in heavenly realm, he would never wake up at morning usually. He would sleep very late at night and would wake up at noon. But hearing the people, He Xuan understood, not only Shi QingXuan's appearance changed, many habits also changed.

Shi QingXuan squinted his eyes for a few moments and once his conscience completely came back he was also shocked when he found himself lying on the torn mat and when he looked at the sun his face paled.

"Oh no! What about lunch? What about everyone's meal?" Shi QingXuan exclaimed.

He Xuan gave a look to Shi QingXuan. He understood why Shi QingXuan had to wake up early. There wasn't actually much young people who were able to go look for food except begging. So he had taken the responsibility of their meals.

"Ol' Feng, don't talk nonsense. It's not like we aren't used to have no meal." The elder waved his hand as if consoling Shi QingXuan.

"I-I'll go look for food now." Shi QingXuan quickly exclaimed and as he stood up so hurriedly, he seemed to forget that he is limp and he instantly fell with a loud thud. He couldn't help yelping a little. "Ah!"

Everyone quickly came to assist him. "I'm fine, I'm fine, no need. Hahaha."

"Stop laughing. How many times we have told you not to run around with one leg. And why don't you make a crutch for you? We tried to pursue you so many time. See, how your leg is getting worse. In that case you might need to cut off your leg."

Hearing the nagging Shi QingXuan laughed even harder and no one minded. They were used to it. They were also no less than crazy. But He Xuan furrowed his eyebrow and came over. He crouched down and looked at Shi QingXuan's leg with a blank expression. Seeing him Shi QingXuan smiled sweetly. But he looked miserable.

He Xuan didn't tell him anything but to the kids, "Can any of you show me where do you guys go to look for food most of the time?"

Many kids yelled at one time, "Me me, I can show you the way."

"No, me, I have much more experience."

" Keai gege choose me!"

Shi QingXuan understood He Xuan's intention and didn't protest.

"I'll go with you as well." He tried to wake up but as soon as he tried, He Xuan glared at him dangerously, "No. Need."

Shi QingXuan stiffened a bit and didn't say anything except nodding his head.

"Kids, don't play. Show him the way properly."

The kids nodded and tagged along He Xuan.

Shi QingXuan watched them go and sighed. Someone brought him water to drink and he slowly drank the water.

______________________________________________

Footnotes: *note the sarcasm :))

Author's note: Thank you for all of your supports. Here is a new update. I have published another hualian smut today, you guys can check it out. I mentioned there that my phone is lagging, so I might be behind updating until I get a new phone. Thank you again. If there is any typo or mistake let me know. Please let other know about this ff :)