Another Goodbye

Shi Qingxuan widened his eyes and pulled off from the kiss forcefully. He looked at He Xuan strangely but didn't say anything harsh.

He tried to calm himself down. He sighed heavily, "But...," he paused as if hesitating.

He Xuan looked at him with reddened eyes. After pausing for a while Shi Qingxuan scratched his head awkwardly and finally decided to say the rest, "I- I don't really remember what I did or said yesterday. So ahem I might be missing something here. Can you tell me again?"

He Xuan finally looked at Shi Qingxuan with furrowed eyebrow, his heart filled with ominous feelings, "What should I tell you?"

Shi QingXuan gave him a look and said casually, "About yourself. How you um ended up like this? Didn't you tell me this yesterday? I might have blabbered things as well. You believe me? Those bullshits?"

He Xuan froze. He could feel a constant buzz in his head.

Indeed, there was no chance for Shi QingXuan to know that this Keai is no one but his Ming-xiong, He Xuan the cold blooded water demon. All he knows that he and Keai might have shared each other's secret yesterday night so all the words he said was just for comforting He Xuan so that they can get out of this storm already.

Suddenly He Xuan felt relieved and bitter at the same time. He sneered bitterly. Did he really thought he could get out of this guilty conscious?  Did he really think he can get out of this cursed past for a moment?

He felt ridiculous. 

Shi QingXuan seemed impatient and finally hold his hand and pulled him, "Let's go. i will listen to you once we are home."

He Xuan didn't move even an inch. He blankly looked at Shi Qingxuan who was trying to move him even a tiny bit but kept failing. Without thinking much he pushed Shi Qingxuan. The amount of strength he put wasn't too much or too little yet with the heavy effect of wind Shi Qingxuan felt heavily on the ground and got swept away by some centimeter.

He panted heavily and gave He Xuan a look of irritation. "Keai gege, you...."

"Stop calling me that stupid name", He Xuan said coldly.

Shi QingXuan was trying to protect himself from the heavy wind and coughed a few times. His torn dirty cloths were barely hanging on his body. He tried to hug himself and gazed at He Xuan affectionately, as if he was about to pursue any stubborn kid, " Can't we talk about this once we go back..." he could barely talk and had to shout to pronounce every words but his sentence got cut off by the cold voice again, "That's not my home."

Shi QingXuan came to a abrupt silent, suddenly realising. Indeed there is no need for Shi QingXuan to think much about this small ghost. It won't die because of a storm and there is no reason for him to go back with him as well. That was just a temporary shelter and the gratitude of saving his soul was already more than paid.

They didn't owe each other anything.

Indeed, they didn't owe each other anything. They don't have any relationship and mostly they are different from each other. Their paths are meant to be separated. Although it came fast, goodbye was meant to be said anyway.

Shi QingXuan stood up after struggling for some moments but He Xuan didn't come over to help.

After some pause Shi QingXuan laughed disappointedly, "I know. Why are you being so serious. If you want to go, you can. It's just I thought about leaving, you would say it in advance." He sighed and laughed again, "Then live well K- I mean big ghost brother. We will meet someday again." He waved his hand casually seeming quite cheerful.

"And you don't belong there as well." Shi QingXuan stopped but didn’t look back yet the words came piercing his heart.

"You belong no where. You never had a home. Even if you had, you lost it."

Shi QingXuan's lips curved and he burst out  laughing.

"Keai ge, I remember you wouldn't even say a whole sentence to answer any question but now you even started saying casual stuff." He shook his head slightly as if disappointed. 

Of course he knew he belonged no where and no one knew it better than him. His life was meant to be doomed by the reverend of empty words but how doomed? What about his family? Then again his life changed as he ascended and lived another's life where he wasn’t supposed to be, and now here he is, in mortal realm with a bunch of misfortunate people. At the end what was his actual purpose of living? Where did he really belonged to?

Where is home?

Before taking another step he turned back suddenly making He Xuan flinch a bit. Shi QingXuan took a deep breath, his eyes was red maybe because of the sand that kept hitting his eyes or maybe he was really hurt.

"WHY.. WHY.. WHY MUST BE.. WHY MUST YOU BE SO CRUEL!"

As he cried out He Xuan seemed to see his tears flowing but he couldn't be sure due the rain drops which kept coming with the harsh wind. He Xuan looked at Shi QingXuan's slightly shrunk figure, his body wrapped by a piece of dirty cloth, a half broken hand and a broken leg making him look miserable, his messy hair flying messily in the wind, and Shi QingXuan looked back at the firm figure of the black ghost, his scars seemed to glow when touched by water drops, the word ugly displayed. Both of them had so many flaws, so many dark secrets and miserable past, yet it seemed so hard to let go of this pathetic person as if he was someone curved from the most precious piece of jade.

As the northern wind blew harshly on the earth, a black figure stood firmly in the shore of the river, watching a limp person dragging himself away, far away from his sight. The person never looked back again. As the sight of the limp guy started to disappear only the newly handmade crutch laid on the ground and moved away a bit by the harsh wind but it didn’t get swept away. It shook for a while as if looking for it's owner.

It was another goodbye.

Author 's note:  I have written this after so many days. I forgot how to write, yet I want to finish this story so I wrote it. Sorry for any typo or any other mistakes. As I said I didn't write things for a while ( the previous chapters were all in draft and I just had to edit them) so I hope you guys will understand if the chapters from now on don't reach your expectation. Thank you for supporting it.