14

Chapter 14

Anais Point of View

"Why are you searching for my Dad's grandfather, Dustine?"

I can't tell if he's confused, mad, or surprised. His face doesn't look like one. It's plain.

His tone made him suspicious.

Is he hiding something from me?

"Raven..... I never like liars." I informed him that made his gaze softens as he look at me with a fear on his face.

He gulped. "I'll betray my dad?" natatawang tanong nito sa kaniyang sarili.

Do not worry, I'm also betraying my dad for being friends with you. Your father is a sworn enemy of mine.

I am aware of Raven's feeling towards me. He's been in love on me since we were kids, wherein I defeated him on a spar. He confessed after all.

"Ah! Before that. Dustine, I have to give you this. I didn't attend your last birthday right? Here, accept this." he is smiling while handling me a golden fancy looking box.

He's right, but the heck. He's attending academy so it is okay and I don't need a gift. If he keeps acting like this, I'll feel bad day by day.

I am cringing since I'm a straight guy but I can't just tell that to him, ain't I?

Napabuntong hininga na lamang ako bago tinanggap ang box. I opened it as his eyes were glittering from excitement.

The heck, Raven.

Pero kaagad kong tinago ang pagkamangha at ngiti sa labi ko ng makita ang isang tiara.

It's the heirloom of that late queen. It's from the auction last time.

"This?" I asked him.

"Oh, I really don't wanna bid for anything but I know you want that." by just looking?

This guy.

"And why are you on a disguised last time, Dustine?"

Kaagad sumama ang mukha ko na kaagad din naman niyang napansin. He immediately smiled at  me as he changed the topic.

"Giovanni is my late grandfather. He's already dead," he said and I already expected that.

But I know that Giovanni knew something and I'm sure he passed that information on his successor.

I look at Raven once again. "Raven, perhaps. Is someone from you knew something about Atlantha?" I asked him.

"Did you have a chance to talk to Giovanni?" I asked him and he nod.

That's it!

He's the one whom Giovanni told something.

"Tell me, Raven. Tell me." I said to him seriously and he just sighed, forfeited.

He doesn't have a plan to reveal that but since I'm just way smart, I noticed it already.

"Dustine, are up for something?" he asked me.

I can't also lie. Once that I lie, Raven will lie.

"Raven, do you swear on me and on your life that you'll remain loyal to me as your friend?" I asked him and he got taken a back.

"I will." matikas nitong sabi.

"Once you break your words. I'll be the one who'll kill you." he nodded at me because he knew what I can do.

He's the only one whom I let to see the killer's side of this self.

He can't and won't betray me. With his love, I doubt it.

The Killer's New LifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara