~Chapter 1~

Fallonstar walked into the lioness den, that lionesses were either nursing, or expecting cubs. Simbafang was right beside him. They both looked down at Nalapool, who was smiling at her two cubs.

The medicine lions, Wishbounce and Dapplepaw both walked out. They had helped Nalapool give birth, but now they had to back to searching for herbs.

Simbfang nuzzled his mate, "What are their names?" "Well, I was thinking, Kiaracub for the pale lioness, and Kioncub for the golden one with the small red tuft on his head," Nalapool replied.

Simbafang smiled, "Beautiful." Fallonstar watched them. Nalapool looked up at him and nodded. Fallonstar touched his muzzle to Kiaracub and Kioncub's heads, "Welcome to the RoarPride."

Fallonstar walked out.

Kiaracub was all ready up, jumping around and playing with her mother's tail. Kioncub was just nuzzled up against Nalapool's stomach.

Anandaclaw was laying down at the back of the den. Her breathing was getting rapid. Shinetail noticed. Eventually so did Dawnfur and Blinenight.

"Hey, Anandaclaw, are you all right?" Shinetail asked. She walked over to Anandaclaw. Shinetail had just recently found out she was expecting, so her stomach wasn't really showing with cubs yet.

Anandaclaw didn't respond. She was conscious, but her breathing kept getting faster.

"Someone!" Shinetail shouted. "Someone get Wishbounce!"

Sparkwing, who was just outside heard her. Without even knowing what was wrong, he ran to the Medicine den.

"Wishbounce!" Sparkwing called through the lichen.

Wishbounce told Dapplepaw to organize the herbs, then walked to Sparkwing, "What's wrong?"

"I'm not sure, but I heard Shinetail screaming for you," Sparkwing explained. Wishbounce's eyes widened and she dashed out of the den. Sparkwing went to Sahasistripe.

"Sahasistripe!" He shouted. The dark brown male turned to him, "Yes?" "Something is wrong in the nursery!" Sparkwing replied.

Sahasistripe was worried it might be with Anandaclaw, and he dashed to the den.

By now, the entire pride was worried about what was going on in the nursery. The lionesses wanted to go help, but Dapplepaw stopped them.

He also refused to let Sahasistripe go inside. Sahasistripe paced outside the den.

Wishbounce drew her paw across Anandaclaw's stomach. The brown lioness's stomach was heaving.

"Don't worry, you'll be okay. The cubs are just coming. Dapplepaw, let Sahasistripe in!" Wishbounce shouted.

Before Dapplepaw could say the words, Sahasistripe all ready heard and ran in.

Nalapool wrapped her body around Kiaracub and Kioncub. She didn't want them to watch Anandaclaw give birth.

Sahasistripe looked at Anandaclaw, "Will she be all right?" He turned to Wishbounce, looking worried.

"She'll be fine," Wishbounce replied. "Now, I need some space." Nalapool, Kioncub, Kiaracub, Shinetail, Dawnfur, and Blinelight moved closer to the entrance of the den.

The rest of the pride got to work. Duskpelt organized hunting patrols, and border patrols.

"Mapleshade, you lead a hunting patrol with Shineclaw, Dymlight, and Pytrobite. Pyrtobite, bring Brookpaw with you," Duskpelt ordered.

Mapleshade nodded and flicked her tail, "Let's go. Make sure there is enough food for the entire pride."

The hunting patrol set out to the grasslands.