~Chapter 2~

Wishbounce walked out of the medicine den. Kioncub saw her from the nursery, and ran to the black lioness.

"How's Simbafang! And Fallonstar!" Kioncub asked, bouncing around her legs. Wishbounce's green eyes had sorrow in them, "Let me talk to your mother." "This way! She's in the nursery talking with Shinetail!"

Wishbounce nodded and walked in. Kioncub looked behind him at the medicine den. Dapplepaw was carrying out cobwebs that were soaked in blood.

Kioncub dashed into the nursery. He saw Nalapool and Wishbounce talking.

"Cubs, go outside please," Blinenight asked. Kioncub, Kiaracub, Ranicub and Baliyocub tumbled out of the den happily.

Kioncub rolled ontop of Ranicub, "Haha! Pinned ya!" Ranicub scratched at his stomach, keeping her claws sheathed. She pushed Kioncub off her.

Ranicub then went to her brother and they rolled around, biting each other gently.

Kioncub suddenly heard Nalapool screaming in the nursery. "Nalapool!" Kiaracub and Kioncub said in unison. They dashed into the nursery, Ranicub and Baliyocub on their tails.

Wishbounce was lookeing down sadly, while Shinetail, Anandaclaw and Blinenight were comforting Nalapool.

"Nalapool?" Kioncub asked. Wishbounce left the den.

Nalapool looked at her cubs, "Simbafang's...gone." "Gone? Like, on a patrol?" Kiaracub asked. "No...no gone as in, he's in the StarPride," Nalapool replied, wiping her tears away from her muzzle.

Kioncub stood there, stunned in shock, not knowing how to react. Kiaracub burst into tears and cried into her mother's chest.

"Fallonstar survived. He's recovering nicely," Nalapool sighed. "Which is good for the pride I suppose." Kioncub backed out of the nursery slowly and dashed into the sandy hollow. He wanted to run out of camp, but there were too many warriors that would catch him.

As Kioncub was running, he crashed into someone. It was Brookpaw. She had panic in her eyes, and Kioncub caught fear scent.

"Fallonstar! I need Fallonstar!" Brookpaw yowled. Right after her came her mentor, Pytrobite. He seemed calm, his gaze was ice cold.

Fallonstar limped out of the medicine den, Dawnfur at his side. Her stomach had grown a bit, and she was closer to giving birth.

Fallonstar looked at Brookpaw, "What is it?" Brookpaw looked at Pytrobite, who was behond Fallonstar and Dawnfur. Kioncub could tell the fear scent on her was getting much stronger.

"Err...w...well...Duskpelt is dead...a FangPride patrol attacked us again..." Brookpaw stammered.

Fallonstar's eyes widened. The pride gasped and all stared at Brookpaw. She gulped, "Her and Cloudsun...they were fighting...they killed each other."

"Where's Duskpelt's body," Fallonstar sighed. "We need to sit vigil for her as well as Simbefang."

"Duskpelt was...smashed by rocks that Cloudsun pushed...h...he fell into it too," Brookpaw looked at Pytrobite again, scared.

Pyrtobite nodded and spoke up, "What my apprentice says is true. We were attacked by a FangPride patrol. Cloudsun, deputy of the FangPride, as well as Duskpelt died. There were no other losses."

"So, we don't have Duskpelt's body?" Barkface asked. Brookpaw shook her head, her legs trembling.

They all put their heads down sadly.

Fallonstar sighed, "I'll have to appoint a new deputy, and we'll all sit vigil for Duskpelt and Simbafang.

Kioncub looked at Pytrobite. The golden lion walked away.