~Chapter 5~

Fallonstar and Dawnfur's bodies were in the center of the hollow. Kionpaw and Dapplepaw quickly gave the cubs to Anandaclaw so they could have milk before they died.

Kionpaw sat down and looked behind him. Brookpaw was sitting next to Eelpaw, sadness in her eyes. It also looked like she was in pain from hanging by her jaw on a tree. Pytrobite had admitted to making her do that, only because she was talking too much.

They all said their goodbyes to Dawnfur and Fallonstar. Everyone knew how Dawnfir had died, giving birth. But no one knew how Fallonstar died. Though it was assumed he had drowned because his fur was soaked, and he was found dead in a river, which speaks for itself.

Freckledawn and Tigerwhisp carried the bodies away to be buried.

Pytrobite was talking with Wishbounce and Dapplepaw. Kionpaw walked over to Eelpaw and Brookpaw.

"Hey Brookpaw, how's your jaw?" Kionpaw asked, sitting down. Brookpaw didn't answer. Eelpaw sighed, "I've been trying to get her to talk. But I think she's afraid after what Pytrobite made her do. I admit, before she was an apprentice she talked a lot, but now she's a silent as a stone and it worries me."

Kionpaw didn't know what to say. He wanted Brookpaw to be better, but he wasn't sure how to do that.

"As a matter of fact, Brookpaw should be made a Warrior. I know she's a lot younger than the rest of us, but I've seen her train. She's practically a warrior," Eelpaw said. He looked at Brookpaw. She just kept looking down at her paws.

"Brookpaw, if you ever want to talk, I'm here," Kionpaw said. He stood up and walked away.

Kionpaw looked through the fresh kill pile and got an Antelope.

"Want to share?"

Kionpaw turned around and saw Ranipaw. All the tragic events of the day vanished and he smiled, "Of course."

Ranipaw laid beside him, "I've noticed something is wrong with Brookpaw. Is she all right?" "I mean, it's hard to tell. I found her hanging from her jaw yesterday, and the day before Sparkwing's vigil, she had scratches along her body. It's definitely something I've been worried about," Kionpaw admitted.

He turned to Ranipaw. She had sympathy in her eyes for Brookpaw, but Kionpaw also found jealousy. "Ranipaw?"

"Kionpaw, I know this sounds stupid, but I feel like you want to be mates with Brookpaw when you both become Warriors." Kionpaw laughed, "I'm pretty sure Eelpaw already made his claim on her. I wouldn't take her from him."

"Oh. So then...who do you want as a mate?" Ranipaw asked. "I have someone in mind," Kionpaw smirked. "May I know who it is?" Ranipaw asked humorously.

"All I'll say is, you know her very very well."

Ranipaw thought for a minute, "Honeypaw?" Kionpaw chuckled to himself and stood up, "You can have the rest of this." He pushed the Antelope closer to her.

"Fernpaw? Zinepaw? Kion who is it!" Ranipaw shouted after him as he walked away.

Kionlaw suddenly froze, realizing his mentor was dead. The noise of the world drained out. How am I supposed to train! Will I ever be a warrior!

Ranipaw was by his side now, "Kionpaw?"

"How am I supposed to be a warrior! My mentor is gone!" Kionpaw shouted. "Woah woah. Calm down tough guy," Ranipaw licked his cheek. And Kionpaw calmed down.

"You will get a mentor. That's a promise," Ranipaw smiled and Kionpaw smiled back. "Hey you two!"

Kionpaw and Ranipaw turned to Pytrobite. "You guys haven't been to the Moonrock yet. Why don't you come for my nine lives ceremony."