~Chapter 15~

A few moons later, and it was a full moon, meaning there was a pride meeting.

Shimmerstar stood on the tall rock and roared. The pride surrounded her, "The lions going to the meeting are Ranileaf, Scorchheart, Sahasistripe, Anandaclaw, Shinetail, Zinewillow and Hailmane. Kionroar and Shineclaw obviously are coming."

Shimmerstar continued, "Frostfur, how many moons old are your cubs?"

"Icecub and Harecub are four moons," Frostfur replied. "All right. I was just wondering because we need more apprentices to take care of Tigerwhisp."

The Pride laughed.

Shimmerstar looked at Honeyfern. "Spottedcub and Addercub are three moons old," Honeryfern replied. Shimmerstar nodded.

"Okay! Everyone I've chosen, let's go!" Shimmerstar roared.

Kionroar was right behind Shimmerstar. Ranileaf walked up to him, "I'm glad I got chosen to go."

Kionroar smiled, "So am I." They both stopped and waited for the rest to pass by. Then they traveled at the back.

"You know Kionroar, ever since you've been chosen to be deputy, you haven't been spending much time with me," Ranileaf looked up at him.

"I know. But being deputy is harder than it looks," Kionroar replied. "Yeah, but there isn't just one minute to spare?" Ranileaf asked. Kionroar sighed, "I guess I have kinda been ignoring you."

"It's all right, Kionroar. I know you need your rest," Ranileaf smiled a bit. "No. I need to make it up to you. I'll spend more time with you," Kionroar replied.

"Only if you can spare the time," Ranileaf chuckled. "I'd give anything to spend time with you," Kionroar smirked.

Ranileaf purred.

"Hey! You two! Get up here!" Shimmerstar roared. "Oops!" Kionroar laughed and they both ran back to the Pride. They made it to the meeting.

The TailPride, ClawPride, and FangPride were already here. Kionroar nuzzled Ranileaf and ran to the big Boulder that the leaders stood on. He was under it with the other deputies, Brokentail from FangPride, Clawfur from ClawPride, and Sizzlefall from TailPride.

Shimmerstar jumped onto the Boulder along with Willowstar from ClawPride, Snapstar from TailPride, and Raggedstar from FangPride. But, as Kionroar looked up again, his eyes widened. It wasn't Raggedstar. It was Pytrostar.

What is he doing! He isn't leader of the FangPride! Unless...he did something to Raggedstar. Kionroar thought.

Shimmerstar seemed shocked as well, because she almost fell off the Boulder.

Snapstar roared, "Let the meeting begin!"

Kionroar could hear his heart pounding as Pytrostar looked down on him with a evil smirk. Kionroar growled but quickly covered his scar with his paw.

Snapstar started first, "We have three new cubs in the TailPride, Fernshine gave birth to, Mistycub, and Bouldercub. And Tallwhisper gave birth to Ivycub."

The prides cheered.

"We also have four new warriors, Firestorm, Thunderstrike, Darkheart, and Fawnflight."

Kionroar looked over to the four new warriors. They all looked embarrassed as the prides cheered for them.

Snapstar sat down and looked at Willowstar. She nodded and stood up, "We have two new apprentices, Windpaw and Adderpaw!"

The prides cheered for the two new apprentices.

"We also have three new warriors, Hawksight, Stormfur, and Stalkrunner!" Willowstar roared. The prides cheered.