- ⁰⁷ IN WHICH A TIME MACHINE WAS EASIER

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* chapter seven ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

❛ the one in which a time machine would have been easier.

THEY WERE TOO LATE

THEY WERE TOO LATE. IN THE TIME THEY HAD SPENT ARGUING ABOUT HONESTY, DEREK HALE HAD arrived at his house and found it burned to the ground. And in his panic over the realization that something awfully terrible had happened to his family, the police had shown up and detained him for trespassing. So now, as opposed to having a civil conversation with one very confused teenager, Hope, Stiles and Scott were traipsing to the station to try and convince the former two's father to free him; which meant, above all, that they would have to admit that they had gone to Mexico to save him.

"I swear to God, Stiles, if you say one thing about Mexico, I am going to take the bat in the trunk and whack you over the head with it, again and again and again until every memory you have of us doing things we're not supposed to is gone." Hope ranted as they stalked into the building, her tone laced with obvious frustration. "You too, Scott. I'll make sure you can't heal first."

Scott and Stiles both scoffed, until the latter saw the serious frown planted on his sister's face and let out an incredulous huff, "That's a joke. Dad wouldn't let you anywhere near the bat if he knew you were using it to hurt me." He explained with the upmost certainty.

"He will once he finds out about you dragging me to Mexico. You thinking that dad will let you anywhere near the jeep to stop me taking it is the joke. You're losing the privileges to that thing for at least a few weeks. Unless, you know, you don't say anything.

"How the hell are we going to explain how we found him if we don't talk mention Mexico? It's pretty hard to make what happened seem believable in Beacon Hills━"

"━it's simple. Dad knows next to nothing about the supernatural world, not beyond what we explain to him. So we just say what we know━that Kate kidnapped him, we found him, but he was deaged and we have no idea how or why. Not exactly lying, if you're so worried about your moral code, Scott. It's just...concealing some small, insignificant details."

Scott looked down at his palms before nodding his head confidently, "Concealing some small, insignificant details...I can do that."

Hope smiled. She was glad that they wouldn't be getting into trouble, because she hated when her dad was angry with her. Truthfully, the punishments were never that bad ( she had no one to hang out with, so being grounded wasn't an issue, and she didn't drive ) but Stiles would never stop ranting about it until it was over. If he did ground them, then she would be stuck with his foul mood for two and a half weeks, if she was lucky. And Noah would be distant with them.