- ¹² IN WHICH LACROSSE BOYS AND THEIR MUSCLES DON'T COMPARE TO DEREK HALE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* chapter twelve ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

❛ the one in which lacrosse boys and their muscles don't compare to derek hale.

 ❜

"SCOTT, GET THE BUCKET AND FILL IT UP WITH WATER. IT'S PAYBACK TIME." WAS WHAT HOPE STILINSKI WAS AWAKENED BY THE NEXT MORNING, HEAD DUG INTO THE SOFA PILLOW AND CHEESE PUFF CRUMBS SETTLED ABOUT HER BLANKETED BODY.

There was the scrambling of someone standing up, followed by swift footsteps, cupboards being slammed open and the tap running. Hope sluggishly opened her eyes, and though she could hear her brother giggling childishly somewhere in the room, she could not see his wide grin peering down at her mischievously, and concluded whatever they were planning on doing was to her whilst she was supposedly sleeping was swiftly incoming.

Still, she couldn't find it in her to move. Her ribs ached like never before, an anguishing sensation that made it seem as though her bones were rubbing together, and her head throbbed from both the Berserkers punching her and the usage of her magic. Letting out a small groan that wouldn't have been heard by Stiles, she buried her head further into the darkness, knowing the second she was pulled from the comfort of the sofa she would be thrust into a world of brightness, something her migraine had unprepared her for.

"She's going to kill you, you know. And then probably me." Scott paused by the doorway, holding the bucket that sloshed heavily with water, yet he still passed it to his best friend, lips lifted in amusement, "No, I'll definitely be dead."

Hope knew that he could probably hear her heartbeat, but she didn't care. If Stiles wanted to prank her whilst she was sleeping, it gave her free range on what she could do to him in return; she had a lot of plans. Besides, if he didn't throw water on her, she would never wake up in time for school, so if anything she was grateful for it.

That same idea of happiness vanished instantly the second the freezing water washed over her entire body, rolling down her back and dampening her clothes. Her skin flushed with goosebumps, shivers running up and down her arms, and she was quick to roll off the sofa, curling into a ball of coldness and puddles.

Behind her, Stiles had doubled over with laughter, arms clasping his belly and head thrown back with bubbling joy, mouth tilted so upright he looked gleeful for once. Scott shared the same expression, his chuckles softer, fonder, filled with nostalgia. Yet neither one thought to help her up as she sat upright and brushed a strand of hair that was sticking to her forehead.

"STILES!" She screamed and for once she was glad that Melissa had an early shift, because she knew that the volume would've earned her a harsh lecture. "You're going to regret it."