-¹⁰ IN WHICH EGG ROLLS MEAN SORRY EXCUSES FOR FATHERS AND TERRIBLE SUITS

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* chapter ten ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

❛ the one in which egg rolls mean sorry excuses for fathers an terrible suits.

THE STENCH OF AN ABSOLUTE ARSEHOLE FLOODED HOPE'S NOSE AS SHE BIKED UP TO SCOTT'S HOUSE. She already knew, by how wholeheartedly revolting the smell was, that Rafael had said some horrible things to Stiles and that holding her anger back would be harder than originally anticipated. So she was quick to wheel the bike into the garage and place the helmet ( Scott's helmet, that she had stolen one night without him knowing, as he didn't need it anymore with his supernatural healing ) on the metal rack by the door.

As she pushed the mahogany door open and stepped into the kitchen, she was not surprised to see Rafael standing there in the corner of the room on his phone. In one arm he held some Chinese, and it was then that Hope realized that none of them had eaten today. Stiles had yet to spew out anything sarcastic in his direction, so he had to have only just arrived and his presence was unknown to the two teenagers; well to one of them anyway. It seemed that Derek knew.

"We're going to wait here for Scott." Stiles sounded exhausted, but more of people than from a lack of sleep. He was slouched with one hand on his face, smoothing out the wrinkles formed by so much frowning, and his eyes were wide with disbelief at the situation. Hope could understand it; no one expected to be spending their weekend with a de-aged Derek and a very much alive Kate Argent. "We're going to sit quietly. We're not going to call or talk to anyone." He said it sternly, waiting for confirmation from the boy.

"Do I talk to you?"

"No."

The shortness with which he spoke to his 'friend' made Hope try and conceal a chuckle because it was so familiar, and she wondered if Derek would always infuriated Stiles. But she could see, from where she was by the garage entrance with her bag sliding off one shoulder, that the black haired teen had noticed her shadow and he narrowed his eyes at her. They were yellow. Just another thing to add to their long list of questions. She sighed bitterly.

"What about me?" She finally asked, stepping into the light and approaching her brother immediately, her arm brushing against his shoulders as a source of comfort. He welcomed it fondly, but his playful glare had returned, "Can the wonderful Derek Hale talk to me? I need some company, especially with people my own age."

Derek smiled, and he bounced up and down, gaze flitting between the two siblings, "Yeah, can I talk to her? She seems nicer than you."

At that, the brown haired human let out an incredulous scoff, shaking his head in a way that fitted his dramatics entirely too much, "Trust me, there's no one on Earth meaner than her. I would know, I grew up with her and I have a billion traumatic experiences because of it. If I were you, I'd look away now━she's like Medusa━"