- ²⁶ IN WHICH SHARING A CHOCOLATE ORANGE IS A SIGN OF LOVE, OR INSANITY

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* chapter twenty six ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

❛ the one in which sharing a chocolate orange is a sign of love, or insanity.

FROM: BECKAH

Hey, Hope.

Kol and I were wondering if you wanted

to meet up at the mall today to do some

shopping? We were thinking of one?

And by that, I mean, I want to meet up

with you to do some shopping and Kol

wants to tag along because he has no

other friends to hang out with.

FROM: KOL

For the record, I have friends.

FROM: KOL

But please don't make me

suffer Rebekah alone.

Hope glanced down at the messages, flicking through them boredly, before she deleted each one and switched off her phone. She had no time to play nice to two people who had lied to her about, probably, the most important thing in her life.

There was a knowledge inside of her that they didn't know she knew, so they would continue playing nice and pretending to be her two unknowing, completely normal friends, and Hope knew that witnessing that would hurt more now than ever. Just the thought of watching them bring up Nik and Elijah and Hayley and Freya slyly into their conversations, complimenting their skills or trying to show they shared the same interests as her, made her want to take the nearest poison-filled lacrosse stick and jam it into her head.

"Is three enough?" Kira asked the group as she glanced down at the resources on the table in the McCall house. She seemed worried, her disbelief in the plan evident.

Hope was sitting on the end of a kitchen counter, eating some cheetos with her legs swaying back and forth. She had decided not to come at all, wanting to sink into the comfort of her six blankets until death washed over her, but Stiles had grabbed her by the ankles and all but dragged her to Scott's house, so here she sat; undressed, messed hair, with bags under her eyes and a scowl on her face. It wasn't the most joyous of situations.

"Depends on how many cameras they have." Stiles answered from his spot at the end of the dining room table, pointedly ignoring Hope. "But...I think so."

Liam scrunched up his nose in disbelief, "Are we really doing this?"

"We're doing it. Tonight."

Hope rolled her eyes at the ominous atmosphere of it all, before she slid off the counter, grabbed a chocolate orange and walked into the living room. Propping herself on one of the couches, she switched on the tv, no longer caring enough to listen to the plan that one, she was sure her brother would reassure her on three times in the next hour alone; and two, was going to fuck itself over the second they got there.

In the background, she could hear, "Isn't it kind of dangerous...?"

"It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic."