- ¹⁹ IN WHICH ART CLASS IS SIMPLY NOT A POSSIBILITY

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* chapter nineteen ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

❛ the one in which art class is simply not a possibility.

THERE WAS AN AWKWARD SILENCE IN THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE AS HER BROTHER, EVER THE DRAMA QUEEN, SLAMMED DOWN A SINGLE PIECE OF PAPER ON THE DESK. Her father glanced at it momentarily before his gaze flitted between that of his three children, and his expectant expression had Hope pointing to Scott.

Her fingers drilled across her thigh from where she sat on one of the spinny chairs, growing louder and louder until it was a slap, "Drum roll...everybody!"

Stiles scoffed at her actions, and he sent her a glare that had her palms hovering mid air innocently. The two stared at each other before she rolled her eyes and flopped her hand on her leg, ankles bouncing instead as she waited for Scott to explain everything.

Truthfully, Hope didn't want to be there. It was the most depressing news to hear and she had just woken up; she'd much rather still be under her covers, the light morning warmth seeping onto her arms, lulling her into an even deeper sleep.

But no. She didn't have a chance to do that because the second her eyes opened, the face of her brother with a bowl of water in his hands had her jumping up. She had knocked the bowl backwards, so that the contents inside splashed over her brother, before bombarding down the stairs and into the toilet to avoid getting drenched by Stiles and his stupidity. But even after that, when Stiles had cursed her out before heading to his jeep angrily, leaving her thanking the Gods above, hovered over a toilet, she didn't get to return to her bed.

"It's a deadpool." Scott revealed, and the seriousness in his voice had her sucking in her boredom. Hope, placing one hand on the edge of her father's desk, wheeled herself and her chair into the conversation again, tongue sticking out in concentration.

Her father stroked his chin in exasperation. Hope hadn't failed to notice the bags under his eyes growing darker with the days, and neither had her brother━only, they had no reason to ask him without sounding like they didn't trust him, and if there was one thing Noah hated it was his own children not believing in him. They both also knew it was because of the piling bills none of them could gather the money for. And, with Stiles heading off to college in the next year, their future loans sat heavy on their chests. And Hope knew that Scott was facing the same impending doom as well, so asking for help was useless.

And her father had started saving up some money so he could send her to college as well, claiming that he would never stop her from going because they couldn't afford it, even if it meant taking out the mortgage for the house. Hope wasn't sure she wanted to go to college. She knew it was smart━and that it would set her up with a degree for a high-paying job━but she wanted to travel the world, first, with her nonexistent funds and nonexistent friends. Not to mention she hated school and couldn't imagine seeing herself facing another four years with stupid boys. She would figure it out though; if there was one thing she had adopted from the Stilinskis, it was that.

Hope grinned, "It's a hit-list of supernatural creatures." She exclaimed, and when all gazes turned to incredulously, shook her head, "As super uncool as this is, and like, is probably going to kill us, it sounds like something out of a movie! Or, like, a superhero comic. You have to admit it's pretty cool."