-¹⁷ IN WHICH SHE SHOULD STICK TO THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT, FOR GOODNESS SAKE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* chapter seventeen ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

❛ the one in which she should stick to the original script, for goodness sake.

"SO WAIT...ELIJAH AND KLAUS BOTH LIKED HAYLEY? AND YET NEITHER OF THEM ARE DATING HER?" HOPE STILINSKI REPEATED IN AN INCREDULOUS VOICE AS SHE GLANCED BETWEEN THE TWO SIBLINGS, A SMALL SMILE GROWING ON HER FACE. The three were sat on the grass near the Lacrosse field for lunch, Rebekah leaning against a tree, Hope sat on both knees and Kol sprawled out between them, head resting on the latter's lap softly.

Hope hadn't waited to hear what Lydia had said, nor what their plan was to convince Liam to go to a party with them. Just the confirmation that the banshee had even wanted her to ask out the brunette, who despised her guts, she feared, was enough to have her running away and back into the comfort and normalcy of her two new friends. She knew that they would have it figured out before tonight; there were a lot of them to come up with a plan.

So now she was going to focus on the one aspect of her life that always felt lacking; her social life. Kol and Rebekah's arrival had been the perfect opportunity to branch out from the world of supernatural and feel like a teenager before, and she had grasped onto that chance before Stiles could intercept and judge them. It didn't even matter that they were in the year above her━everyone in her year were immature, anyways. The only thing that did was the fact they a, weren't supernatural creatures and b, weren't her brother's friends.

Kol nodded his head, chuckling at her reaction, "Yep. Hayley's a fickle one, let me tell you. At first, it was Klaus, but then she must have realised what a dick he was and decided that she was done with our family. Unfortunately for her, our dear Elijah had become infatuated. So now she has not one, but two of us trying to woo her. Poor girl."

Rebekah grinned, "I keep telling her that I'd be the better option, but I guess she doesn't swing that way." She added on, and though it seemed like one would be saddened by the rejection, the girl was laughing about it, so Hope presumed she was joking.

"But Hayley seems to love your family. I know she's a close friend, but if she was really that uninterested, surely she would've left by now?"

"She likes us, and she likes both Klaus and Elijah, though you'd have to put a gun to her head to get her to admit that. She'll stick around forever, I think. Even when she goes, she comes back, like she can't stay away for too long. I think she'd just prefer my brothers without the drama and constant feuding, to be honest."

"That's a fair argument, though. I mean, at least she has a choice on the matter. I'm stuck with Scott and Stiles for the rest of our lives━not that I'd change that for anything. It's just...sometimes I wish they would act more mature, use their heads, you know?"

"That's brothers for you." Rebekah stated, rolling her eyes in annoyance when Kol, taking offence to her words, reached out to slap her shoulder. She was quick to apprehend him, smacking the back of his neck and letting his head fall to the floor once again.

As he flopped back on Hope's lap, he grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. Hope let out a fond laugh, fingers brushing through his hair as she had done so many times before for Stiles when he was particularly grouchy or stressed. She'd tried it once with Scott before, but he was more awkward when it came to affection, unable to fully relax as her brother did, so she decided that she would just rub his shoulders instead.