- ¹⁸ IN WHICH PERHAPS WE SHOULD WOLFS BANE THE BETA WITH ANGER ISSUES

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* chapter eighteen ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

❛ the one in which perhaps we should wolfs bane the beta with anger issues.

HOPE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN LIAM FINALLY ARRIVED, AND HER HEART WAS CURSING FOR IT. She could feel it constricting with nerves as her palms became very sweaty, so much so she had to hide them in her jumper pockets. It was not from guilt, for what they were doing was right━they were only trying to help him from hurting himself and others━but because they had lied to him. She despised lying.

Hope was sitting on the chair by the window. Her legs were pulled to her chest and she was resting her head on her knees, looking at the road where one very unknowing Liam would soon be appearing from. After her argument with Stiles, that had very quickly been resolved when they both confessed to being stressed, the three had blasted Shake it off to soothe their growing nerves. It had helped, but now that it was gone, the stress was returning.

Someone shuffled closer to her, and she lazily lifted her head to see Lydia towering over her, a soft expression on her face. Since Allison's death, the two hadn't spoken as much━they both saw each other as reminders of the loss━but Hope had missed her snarky attitude. She forced a smile as the banshee took the only spare seat left, watching her closely.

"I wasn't going to ask you to ask out Liam." She began, but when Hope sent her a knowing look, she corrected, "Okay, maybe I was. But it's not because I was trying to embarrass you. It's because I think you need to experience a normal high school life and that includes having a boyfriend. Besides, Liam seems nice enough."

Hope shuffled so her legs were touching the ground, "Firstly, Liam is not nice. He's angry and narcissistic and he hates me, so even if I was looking for a boyfriend, he would not make the list. I don't even think helping him will make us friends, let alone anything more. Secondly, I don't need a boyfriend to have a normal school experience."

"Girl, even Stiles has a girlfriend. Yes, maybe that's because he saved her from being a ravage werecoyote, but even he's not alone and he's ... .Stiles. And maybe a boyfriend will be good for you, especially one who knows about the supernatural."

"I know, but I'm too busy to put my everything into a relationship right now. With the bite, and the money being lost, and the murders, not the mention the fact that I can't even do magic anymore without having painful headaches and nosebleeds━"

Lydia's eyes widened as she leaned forward, "What do you mean by that? Hope, if something has happened to you━"

"━nothing has happened to me. I don't think it has anyways." Hesitating slightly, Hope glanced around the room. Stiles and Scott were far away from them, but Scott and Malia had supernatural hearing and could tell her brother everything. Her prayers for secrecy were answered when the three took a step outside, and she nodded her head, "You can't tell."

The strawberry-blonde looked reluctant to agree, but upon seeing the desperation etched across her friend's face could do nothing but nod. She would not tell unless she absolutely had to━if it was a life or death situation━which was enough for Hope.