- ¹³ IN WHICH KIDNAPPING IS STILL A CRIME IF YOUR SISTER IS YOUR VICTIM

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* chapter thirteen ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

❛ the one in which kidnapping is still a crime if your sister is your victim .

 ❜

I actually finished this chapter yesterday, but I absolutely despised it and so decided to rewrite the entire thing, cutting out some original scenes because they just weren't good. I have yet to decide whether I want to keep Morgan Rivera a character in this book, but I'll keep it open for now because I'm really not sure.

STILES STILINSKI WAS SO SURE THAT HOPE WAS LYING ABOUT HAVING FRIENDS THAT IT TOOK HER TEN MINUTES TO CONVINCE HIM TO LEAVE HER ALONE. Hope didn't know whether to be offended or grateful for his protectiveness, considering it arose due to him thinking she was a loner who was incapable of making friends on her own. Still, after she had begged Scott to whisk Stiles away with his werewolf strength, she raced to the car park, where her friends were supposed to be.

Hope had never met Kol before, but if he was anything like Rebekah, she was sure that they would get on great. Other than those in the pack, Hope had no true friends, only some of the classmates she sat next to, and she was excited by the prospect. At least with these normal people, the concept of the supernatural wouldn't be in every single conversation.

Besides, she understood what it was like to be nervous about something, and starting a new school in a whole new town was certainly nerve-wracking. She aimed to lessen that as much as she could, because the family she had met seemed like nice people.

She saw them before they noticed her, standing by an expensive looking car at the end of the car park, phones in hand and scowls on their faces. She could see the smirk rising on the boy's━who she presumed to be Kol━face as he said something, tauntingly, to his sister, and the interaction was so familiar she couldn't help but grin as she approached them.

"Next time you say something like that, brother, I'll put your head on a pike."

Kol laughed, gleefully, and the mirth in his eyes didn't cease due to his sister's threat, as though he had heard the same thing numerous times in the past hour alone. Hope could relate; she was always warning Stiles, and he never seemed to care at all, "Little sister, how I adore our delightful conversations. You might want to lose the attitude, though, or you'll be quick to scare off your dear little friend."