Keep a secert pt.2

It has been almost 8 weeks since I woke up. I know that I wanted Eric to go public but this man will not leave alone.  I am lucky to go pee by myself. I can walk on my own, cook, I even started walking laps in the training room.

My team infatrated the factionless headquarter and took it down. I was very proud.  Pissed I couldn't do it but I was in their ears and watching from the monitors here in the compound.  One of the free moments Eric let me have.

Right now we are both sitting on my couch Eric reading a book and I am finally doing the report in the shooting. It seems like as I do more of it my hip hurt.  Maybe it is a residual pain but I wanted to take Tylenol for it. As I got up so did Eric is turned and pushed him down.

"Stay.  Literally just stay." I told his annoyed and walked to the kitchen feeling his eyes on me the whole time.

"You okay? You can always do the report another day." Eric said concerned. I popped the Tylenol into my mouth and swallowed before nodding my head.

"The longer I keep pushing it the more it becomes less clear.  I am almost done anyways." I grumble sitting back down. He reached out and placed his arms around my shoulder and as much as I use to relish in the feeling right now I don't want to be touched.  For the last 8 weeks all he has done is touch me. And not even sexually.  He thinks I am still healing so he won't touch me. Which sucks because we had a very active sex life before.  But now. Nothing.

I shifted slightly causing his arm to not be against me.  I saw him look out confused as I typed away of the tablet. I am just so overwhelmed with everything. Everyone is treating me different. Yes, I got shot. Yes, it almost killed me.  I know I got lucky but that doesn't mean I am made of glass. I was the top leader of intelligence in less than a year. I am the reason Jeanine is in jail and Candor has taken over the law. I am the reason we even know about the factionless revolt.

I finished the report and all my threw my tablet on Erics coffee table.  I laid my head back on the couch feeling like I am going to cry. I felt Eric shift and rub his hand on my bare arm.

"What is on your mind?" He asked softly.

"I am just tired." I said trying to swallow the lump in my throat.

"It is more than that.  Tell me."

"If I say what I truly want to.  It will hurt people." I whispered more to myself then to him.

"What do you mean?" He asked puzzled.

"I mean I am being smothered.  I am lucky to have you and everyone so caring and everything else but I am being smothered.  If you aren't here you have Tris, or Will here.  I am lucky to even take a piss by myself. I can't shower alone, I can't go to my office alone, I can't sit in my own apartment and water my plants alone. I get that you went through something scary.  I did too remember? No one has thought to take in what I want.  It is what the doctor wants, what Max's wants, hell even what you want. What about me? I was to one that took a fucking bullet to the hip." I yelled finally feeling a weight being lifted off if me.

Eric say there quietly even after I finished.  He had so many emotions swimming in his eyes that i couldn't pin point a single one. I immediately started to feel guilty. I stood up but this time Eric didn't follow.

"You know what.  I am going home.  But don't worry. I'll make sure someone is there since I obviously am incapable of living a normal life now." I snipped and walked out of Eric's apartment.

The walk to from Erics apartment to mine was only a few minute walk.  I opened my apartment door and sighed when I saw Will had let himself in. Great.  I know I lied to Eric but I really wanted to be alone.  I haven't been alone in 8 weeks.

"What are you doing here?" I snipped slamming my door shut.

"Eric messaged me saying you needed to talk." Will said supriesd at my actions.

"No.  What I fucking need is for everyone to stop acting like I am a piece of glass.  8 weeks.  8 fucking weeks of barley being able to pee without Eric standing in the door way.  I know I wanted more from him. But not like this.  I just want a couple hours to myself. I want to cook or bake. Or even read a book or trim up my plants.  I just need some me time.  Please will. Just leave." I feel like I am begging. But I just want this.

"Okay.  But call if you need anything?" He said rubbing my arm.

"I promise." I said with a small smile.

The moment the door shut behind me I collapses on to my couch.  I sighed.  I never knew I would actually relish in alone time. I looked around my small apartment.  I missed my plants and the smell of my own apartment. Eric has wanted me to stay with him and I only came here water my plants.  I have made this space a home.  I love the over grown plants that hang around my windows and the light yellow couch that sat in the middle.  I have neon signs hanging between the plants. Eric use to tease me about how I have brought Amity to Dauntless.  If I hadn't been abused my parents I'd probably have stayed there.

If I had stayes there I would be a lot happier than I am right now.  I would be around plants all day.  I would be around happy people who don't overwhelmed me.  I'd be free. But I wouldn't have met Eric, or Will. A life without them would be meaningless.

I lovs Eric with everything in me and I don't know how i'd live without him. Yes he is overwhelming. Yes he makes me crazy. But I love him. I need him like the earth needs the moon. If only I had actually communicated to him what I needed instead of just yelling.  I need to apologize. I sat up a little to fast a groaned.  My hip is still sore.

I walked out of my apartment to find Eric. He wasn't in his apartment, office or with max.  I checked the large training room and was welcomed with Erics bare back. He was hitting a punching bag and his hand were wrapped. He looked delicious with the sweat running over his back and his taunt muscles moving when ever he threw a punch.

"Now this is a sight to see." I said suggestively and leaned against a pillar close to him. He stopped mid punch and turned to me.

"Are you flirting with me?" He asked surprise. I hadn't flirted with him since before I left for the mission.

"Maybe." I shrugged and pushed off the pillar. I walked to him before placing my hand on his face and pulled him into a kiss. He kissed me hard back his wrapped hand pulling me close.

"I am sorry for yelling." I said when I pulled back.

"What have I said?" He said looking into my eyes softly.

"That those are two words I never have to say to you." I mumble placing my hands on his damp chest. The chest hair wet from sweat. I have never minded it though. 

"I should be sorry." He said rubbing my back.  I was confused and before I could ask what he ment he was talking again.

"When I saw you so weak in Will's arms I felt helpless.  Especially since we had that fight before you left. I was terrified of losing you.  Then you were awake and healing but that fear never left.  The fear of seeing you covered in blood barley breathing haunts me. I figured that if you didn't leave my side then there was no way harm could come to you. But me doing that is exactly what I did.  I brought you pain." He said and his voiced cracked at the end.

"Baby. I understand and is hate that you have such a fear. Here. Feel this. This means I am safe.  That nothing is going to happen to me." I told him and placed his hand on my heart. 

He leaned in and kissed me hard. Like her used to. He walked be back against the wall and I immediatly wrapped my legs around him. This is my Eric.