Finding out your divergences.

When I started dating Eric I was upfront with all of my issues. Being beaten almost every day sincce mom died does that.  It took almost a year before I stopped fliniching at a quick movement. He still can't raise his voice at me becsuse it sends me into a panic attack.

Growing up my dad who likes using Tobias and I as punching bags is bound to fuck us up.  But we both got out.  The Eaton twins choose dauntless. That was an uproar. 

Me and Tobias kind of separated after transfering.  Turns out I am more dauntless than I think.  Me and Eric were stuck like glue from the first day and we climbed the ranks together.  Him in second while I got third. We had just mere seconds apart from our fear sims. He got upper leadership while I got lower.

Our story is all fucked up.  We are both fucked up. When he transfered from erudite he was shy and mean.  Now he is just confident and mean. Not too me.  Well not until recently. It seems like our story may come to an end. All because of Tobias.

>>>

I am sitting in the canteen people watching with Zeke. We are taking our picks on who sill be better initiates and who will end up factionless by next week. I don't ever need to see Eric to know he has entered a room. The commands attention.  I looked up at his beautiful face looking angry.  His anger was directed straight at me. He walked right up to me and gripped my arm tightly yanking up.

Flashbacks spread across my vision as the chair I was sitting in clattered to the ground and pain flood down my arm from his grip. I tried to yank my arm away but it was tight.  Painfully tight.  I whimpered slightly causing Zeke to jump up.

"Eric.  Let her go.  You're hurting her." Ge whispered yelled but it wasn't any use.  The whole canteen had gone quiet. Watching three leaders go at it.

"Stay out of this Zeke." Eric growled and yanked me behind him as he walked away.  I turned and looked back at Zeke and he was following us.

''Eric.  Let me go.  You're scaring me." I tried to yank away again feeling tears beginning to prick my eyes.  I tried to blink them back. Crying is weakness.  Crying doesn't get you anywhere. That is what dad always said.

"Eric.  Let her go.  She is crying." Zeke yelled grabbing my shoulders causing a tug of wat between them.

"Let me go!" I screamed feeling back at Abengation.  I have been in this position to many time with Tobias and dad.

They both dropped my arms and I saw Tobias running down to us. I ran to him and he wrapped an arm around me. I felt the tears come down.  Even with little to no contact for the last 3 years he was my safe space when I need him to be.  Usually Eric is.  But something has set him off.

"Y/n.  You need to come with me.  Now." Eric growls and I felt him grab my arm again.  But Tobias slapped his arm away.

"You have some nerve.  You should know first hand what man handling her does to her." Tobias said lowly and pushed me behind him.  I wiped my face free if tears but met Erics eyes.  His eyes softened slightly.

"She needs to come with me.  Now four.'' Eric growled moving his eyes from you to Tobias.

''Why?" Tobias snapped back.

"It is leadership business. Now hand her over." Eric yelled and stepped forward.  I stepped back and hung my head.

''What leadership business does a high leader have for a low leader?" Zeke asked this time.   I almost forgot he was here.

''it isn't something we can't discuss here." Eric yelled again and i flinched. I need the yelling to stop.

"Okay.  Stop the yelling please.  I'll go with Eric.'' I practiclly beg. And stepped from behind Tobias.

He grabbed my arm slightly and I just nodded at him letting him known I was fine.
It was Eric after all.  What would he do to me... Eric just nodded and reached out to grab me but I moved away from him. 

''Never touch me again." I snipped and walked forward to his office.  I heard his steps behind me and I just kept my eyes forward. 

I went straight to our shared office and slumped on the couch there.  I never looked up at him.  Keeping my head down.  This whole ordeal brought me straight back.  I don't make noise.  I don't make eye contact.  I sit quietly. This all means I won't get hit or screamed at. I picked my fingers.  The familiar pain of the skin peeling back brings me a sense of alarm. 3 years.   3 years 2 months and 5 days since I have felt this way. It is weird how time doesn't matter. 

"I know you're Divergent." Eric whispered to me as he sat next to me. My emotions were shut down so I didn't even care.

"You are going to kill me and Tobias then?" I asked in a momotoned voice. I don't look up. 

"Tobias is one too?" He asked surprised.

"We are twins.  It makes sense for both of us to be. So are you going to kill me now or make a whole party about it." I said feeling a single tear slide down my face. I flinched when Eric reached forward and collected the tear. 

"I'm not going to kill you. I couldn't do that.  Not when it is you." Eric said and that made me look up at him.

"Why were you so angry. You never hurt me before.  But today." I sniffled and moved my eyes to my hands.  My thumbs were bleeding from my picking.  I turned them to my black jeans and wiped the blood.

"I let my fear control and my fear turned into anger. I shouldn't have touched you like that. I am so sorry baby girl.'' He kneel down and grabbed my hands.  I looked at him and he brought my hands to his lips.

"You have never said sorry to me before.'' I mumbled watching his eyes. They had a glossy look to him.  That make me feel taken aback.  I have never seen Eric cry.  Ever.

"I changed your results.  I hid them so no one will know about you. You are staying here.  With me.  I was so scared that Max found out but he didn't." Eric said and he rubbed my hands with his thumbs.

"What if they find out.  They will kill me." I said trying not to cry again.

"Erudite has worked on a serum to find divergents. But I took some and altered it. It should hide your divergence." He said pulling a small blue vial out of his pocket.

"How? Couldn't you get in trouble for this?" I asked looking at the blue liquid.

"I'd go past the wall for you.  Stealing a vial and altering is the least of my concerns. After I give you this I will have to test you with Erudites new equipment but it is risky because every time it is used it automatically load to their server. Do you want me to do this?'' He asked pulling out a device and a needle. I sighed trusting him fully. I nodded my head.  I pulled my hair to the side it my neck giving him access.

He loaded the vial into the needle fun and cradled my face with hand and held the gun in the other.  I breathed deep as he stuck the needle in and pushed the liquid into my blood stream. It sent almost a burning type heat through my veins and I winced. He waited about 5 minutes before he decided to scan my face.

'Divergent 0%' an automatic voice said.  I sighed and so did Eric.  He tossed the device on his desk and kissed me. I pulled back slightly and smiled at him. 

''It worked." I whispered feeling light for the first time.

''it worked. I want to ask you something?'' He said and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a small silver band with a small dimond on it.  I gasped.

''Marry me? I want to keep you safe and this is the final way to keep you safe.  My leadership will become yours as well and you will never be tested again.'' He said and I looked up at him questionably. 

"Is that the only reason you want me to marry you?'' I asked almost hurt.

"What? No.  I have had this burning a hole in my pocket for weeks.  I was going to wait till our anniversary.  But I think this takes president. Let's get married." He said and slipped the ring on my finger.  It fit perfectly i smiled slightly at it before looking back into his eyes.

"Let's get married." I said before kissing him deeply.