What are you hiding? *fluffy*

"Shh. You have to be quiet so Eric doesn't find you." I whispered to the black puppy I was current trying to bath in our sink in the kitchen. I know Eric was working in his office at home today. Which is right down the hall.

The puppies big brown eyes looked at me as I rinsed off the dirt. Eric has told me that we couldn't get a dog but this puppy was curled up in the snow outside right next to the train tracks and I couldn't just leave it there. Its was shivering and alone. I wrapped it in a towel and tipped toed to our room and found an empty box. I shoved blankets into it and slid the puppy into it. She barked slightly and Shh her again. Hoping Eric wouldn't hear. But just my luck I heard his office door click open. I quickly shoved the box into the closet and stood in front of it while the puppy whined softly. My heart broke at the sound but was also beating fast as I saw Eric round the corner into our room.

"I didn't realize you were home." He murmered taking in my stiff stance infront of the cloest door.

"I just got home." I said with a small smile.

"Well, you have been home to leave a mess in the kitchen." He mused and I closed my eyes. Shit. He had to pass the kitchen to get to our room. Nothing goes unnoticed by him.

"I'll clean it up." I said quickly and started to walk towards him and the puppy barked. I froze midstep.

"My love. Please don't tell me I heard what I just think I heard." He said in calm but a stern voice.

"Uh. You didn't." I breathed with a small smile.

Before either of us could respond the pupper squeezed out of the sliding door and ran right up to Eric jumping on his black pants and wagging it's tail. He looked at it shooked and my heart melted.

"We are not keeping it." He said and softly reached down to push the dog down. I kneeled down and the puppy came running up to me. I picked it up and licked my face. I giggled and cuddles into its now damp fur.

"But." I said looking up with sad eyes.

"No buts Y/N. We both agreed no kids and no pets." He said sternly. I looked down sadly and petted the puppy in my arms. We agreed on the no kids but he just said we couldn't get a dog right now. I have wanted one for the last 3 years of our marriage.

"Okay.. I'll see if Tris can find her a home." I mumbled and stood up holding tight to the puppy.

He sighed as I wrapped her back in the towel walked past him. I was so sad. I wanted this puppy so bad and it was making me tear up. The puppy whined as she felt my sadness grow with every step towards the door.

"Wait." Erics sighed and I stopped turning towards him with tears brimming at my eyes.

"One week. She can stay for one week and if she works out with us then she can stay. But no sleeping on the bed with us." He said and put the puppy down and ran to him throwing my arms and legs around him. He grunted with the force and wrapped his arms around me.

"Thank you Eric." I said and leaned back to kiss him.

"Yeah. Yeah. Now go spend my money to but the thing the stuff it needs." He mumbled.

"Hey. It is also mine. Just because you are a higher leader then I am doesn't mean I will use yours." I teased him as he set me down.

"But I like spending money on things that make you happy princess." He said and kissed me quickly before swatting me on the butt as he turned me around to the door.

>>>

It took all of two days for Eric too fall in love with the puppy we have since named Persephone. I went all out buying her everything from a collar, food, toys and even a crate. She spent one night in the crate then I broke Eric down to let her in the bed. Eric doesn't like her being loose while he works during the day so I have to kennel her while I am in Max's office working

Now as the week is almost done I am becoming anxious. Just because Eric likes her doesn't mean he will let me keep her.
My thoughts we stopped when I walked in to find Eric laying on the couch with Persephone on his chest while he read. I smiled at the sight and placed my keys and guns on the end table before walking over to sit under his feet. Persephone immediately got up and came over to me and I giggled as she licked my face.

"You know the end of the week is tomorrow." Eric said and I immediately sobered and looked at him. I nodded amd watch as she curled up next to me and I brushed my fingers through her fur. She was mine and I don't want to let her go.

"Baby." He said and pulled his legs back and moved so he could look at me on the eyes. "She isn't going anywhere. She is right where she belongs."

"Really?" I said excitedly but not to loud as to not wake her up.

"I would do anything to keep that sad look off of your beautiful face. If that means keeping the puppy. Then so be it." He said with a small smile. I leaned forward and kissed him deeply and only pulling back when the puppy poppped her head up and startes licking Eric's face.

He pulled back and grimaced wiping off the wetness on his cheek. I laughed and Persephone barked at him with a wagging tail. I was overjoyed. We both agreed that we didn't want kids. His abuse paired with my hatred for messes and slimy things made the decision easy. But having a fur baby seemed to complete our family. Eric grabbrd her favorite toy from the ground and threw away and pulled me into another kiss. This could be my forever. I know this is my forever...