On the Run.

I swept the dirt off Artemis back with a soft brush. The brushing of the brown from her white coat always brought me a sense of comfort. Since I have gone on the run with Tris and her ragtag group of fucking misfits I have looked for any signs of comfort.

I wasn't even divergent yet I got dragged along on her little escapade because I was Fours twin. Eric never gave me the serum so when I didn't show up they assumed I was one.

I left to protect Eric. Everything I do is protect Eric. Eric was divergent and I left to protect him. I felt a tear slip as I thought about the man I love. He was evil and mean. He was scary. But the sweetest person to me. He was soft and comforting.

I looked up at the sound of screams. I looked out the small window on her stall and saw Dauntless trucks. Shit. If they found me I'd be dead. I duck back and pressed against the wall that faced out. Someone would have to poke their head into the stall to see me.

I heard Joanna come down the stairs and I heard scooted closer to the corner as I heard voices. One was Max's and the other one was Eric's. My heart thudded when I heard his voice. It has been 6 months since I had heard it. It was like a melody.

My mind went to all the hours he spent reading aloud. Or talking after a night of passionate love making. He was always so gentle with me. Another tear rolled down my face. I felt Artemis reach her soft muzzle down breathed on my face. I smiled wiped the tear. I pushed her face away softly and sighed quietly when she placed her head back out. If anyone looked in she would block me.

I felt chills go up my spine as I heard boots walk down the middle of the aisle. I know those foot steps anywhere. Eric's soft steady foot steps. I placed a hand over my mouth to keep the sob from coming out. He was right there. I heard his foot steps stop right infront of Artemis' stall door. He was so close I could smell his woodsy body wash.

"I know your there." He said in a whisper. I tried to hold back my sob but it was muffled by my hand. I looked up and saw his hand reach out and pet Artemis. He still wore his ring. Just like I do.

"Eric. I-'' I started when we heard Peter yell for Eric. I heard Eric's footsteps take off away from me and I curled arms around my knees. Putting my head on them and let the sobs out as the gun fire drowned out the sobs.

I was able to quiet them again when I heard another set of footsteps. Max's. I know all the footsteps. I press against the wall pulling a large knife from my waistband. Amity tried to take all my weapons but it wouldn't allow it. I am married to a dauntless leader after all. Max stopped by Artemis. I held my breathe.

"You broke him when you left. He told me everything. You can come home. We have set up a spy story for you." He said opening Artemis stall door. He stepped in and look directly at me. He had sympathy in his eyes as he took in my tear struck face.

"That is all I want. I want to come home." I said with a shakey breathe. Max held put his hand and I shakily grabbed it. He helped me up and I immediately hugged him. He helded me tight as I sobbed. I have wanted this since the moment Four dragged me along on their stupid escapade.

Me and max were really close. Eric was pretty rough around the edges when we met and Max helped me navigate the man that is Eric Coulter.

"Y/n?'' I heard Eric said. I heard the latch open in the stall door and I was in his arms before I knew it. I held him tight. As tight as I could. "I've got you princess."

It has been 6 months since I have touched him. Since I have felt at home. Me and Four have been so different. I was always outspoken. It got me in trouble. A lot with dad. I got lots of bruises from it. But it didn't shut me down like it did Four. It made me angry. It made me cold hearted. Which made me perfect for Eric. I am nicer than him but ice runs through my veins just like him.

"I just want to go home." I sob into his chest and he pulled back slightly. I looked up at him and his eyes were misty.

"Let's go home then baby girl.'' He said kissing my forhead before wrapping an arm around me and pulling me out of the stall.

We walked up to one of the trucks and he helped me in before climbing in after me. His arm around my shoulders as Max stsrted the truck.

"They are going to Candor. That was their next plan if they ever to found out. That is where the other dauntless are hiding out.'' I told them as I wiped my face. Feeling gross because I don't cry.

"We'll get them before that baby. Promise." Eric said and kissed my head and I leaned into him sighing at the familiar comfort he brought.