Chapter Seven

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't hear when the doctor entered, until he put his hand on my shoulder, I didn't know that the doctor was also in the room with me and my husband, I was a little scared but I was holding my husband's hand and he always makes me  to feel safe

"Good morning Mrs. Bianchi! I have some good news for you."

"Good morning doctor! What is that news?"

"Mrs. Bianchi, I spoke with the people at the hospital in Nice and we solved and solved and we are making the transfer from Japan to France. There will be a salon where not only the husband will be but also there will be an extra bed for  you or those who will come to stay with Mr. Bianchi."

"I understand. And when does this transfer take place?"

"The transfer is today but we have a little problem."  he says and lowers his head

"What's the problem? I can't go with my husband? What's going on?"

"Mrs. Bianchi, please calm down. I know you are pregnant, please calm down, it won't do you or your baby any good."

"How did you know I'm pregnant?"

"It can be seen that you are pregnant. Especially when you sit next to your husband, you put your hand on the still visible pregnant belly and I wanted to come yesterday evening to do some more tests but you were with your brother and I said not to disturb"

"Sebastian is not my brother, he is a family friend, but it doesn't matter. What's the problem?"

"You will leave together with your husband for Nice with a medical helicopter, I will ask you to go and pack your luggage and if you want I can also do a little check-up for the baby. If you want"

"What is that little check-up?" I ask the doctor because when I went to the doctor, even for a small routine check-up, Jules was next to me and held my hand.  But now he can't...

"It's just a little checkup, it doesn't contain needles or anything. We're just going to do an ultrasound. Are you okay?"

"Yes. "

"Ok Mrs. Bianchi. Let's head to the salon."

"Will you leave me for 2 minutes?"

"Normally, the husband can hear you, you know?"  and with that the doctor leaves me with my husband

I go to my husband and this time I sit next to him on the bed.  Happy that he told me that he hears me and that I will go to see my children, maybe I can hear their heartbeat too but to be patient.

"Jules, you heard my love, I'm going to do an ultrasound and we're going to have a picture of our children, I know that now is not the time to find out if we're having a girl or a boy, but I hope we have a boy, I want to  be a mini Jules. After I do the ultrasound I'm going to leave you for a little while. Honey, we're going home."

While we were talking I was playing with his hair and an idea came to my head, I took his hand and put it on my belly, this makes me smile.  I approach him and rest my head on his chest, close my eyes and let myself be lost in thought.

"Jules, I miss you very much, I want you to wake up, so that we can see our children grow up. Please get well. I love you Jules."

I lift my head from my chest and lean towards him and kiss him.  I get up from him and go to the doctor.

I thought he had already gone to the salon where he had to do my ultrasound, but I was wrong, he was waiting for me by the door.  He motioned for me to follow him, we walked for about 5 minutes until we arrived in a beautiful salon, the walls were painted in shades of baby blue and baby pink, a stork was painted on the blue wall.  It was a beautiful place, it would have been even more beautiful if Jules was with me.

"So Mrs. Bianchi, you're going to lie down on the bed and lift up your blouse and we're going to apply a gel and from here I'm going to continue my work. Are you okay with that?"

"Normally I'm ok with this. But can I do something first?"

"What do you want to do ma'am?"

"Can I film this moment? That's what I want to tell our families. Only if possible."

After these words, I see him get up from the chair next to the bed where I had to lie down, he goes outside and I hear him talking to a nurse, after 5 minutes he enters with a woman, comes to me and takes his seat again  .

"Mrs. Bianchi, can you give the phone to our assistant so she can film this very beautiful moment in your life"

And with that I give the phone to the nurse and she waited for the doctor's signal when to film.

"This gel will be a bit cold but nothing will happen" the doctor assured me and motioned to the nurse

He takes the instrument and starts walking it on my stomach, trying to see something, at one point he stops and looks a little strange.

"Is something wrong?"

"Mrs. Bianchi, when did you find out you were pregnant?"

"I found out this week, until I come to Japan. Did something happen?"

"Mrs. Bianchi, I am announcing that you are 3 weeks pregnant, we estimate, and you are not just having a baby."  He says with a smile on his face.

At that moment, I started to cry of happiness, I am 3 weeks pregnant.  I could not believe it.

"Don't I just have a baby? And how do you explain that I didn't have symptoms?"

"Not all people have symptoms, this is a good case and for your curiosity you have twins. I still can't tell you what you have but I can see that you will have two babies"

I can't believe what I'm hearing, I'm going to have twins.

"Do you want to hear something?"  The doctor says and I nod my head.

He presses a few buttons and the heartbeat of a tooth, my children, is heard through the speaker in the living room

"This is baby number 1 and this is baby number 2" and he moved the instrument and there were other heartbeats, I was in tears.  It means that's why our puppy at home was so alarming, maybe he knew I was pregnant.

"Would you like me to print you a picture of the two babies?"  The doctor asks me and I nod yes and he signals to the nurse to stop filming, she comes and gives me the phone and makes me happy.

After 5 minutes, the doctor gives me the pictures and wipes me off the gel and told me to go pack my luggage so that I will go with them when they make the transfer and they told me to pack everything so that I don't need to come again  again in Japan after luggage.

We didn't have much luggage, we only had a medium-sized bag.

I leave the hospital with one hand on my stomach, I'm glad they're not journalists.  And I was still thinking far away.  How to tell my family, Jules' family and Leclerc's family about the pregnancy? 

I will find a way.