Chapter Eight

I enter our hotel room, the one I shared with Jules, I look around and see that everything is as Jules left it.  I go to the closet where Jules and I put our clothes and there was also the bag where we put them, I go and take the bag and put it on the bed and start packing the clothes.

I remember that I have to call our parents, I pick up my phone and call my in-laws, Philippe and Christine Bianchi

I'm waiting for someone to answer, until my mother-in-law answers.

"Amalia, what is it? Is Jules okay?"  Sometimes she makes me seem guilty but I don't know why, maybe that's her nature but now I understand it's about her son.

"Christine, we're coming home" I say and put my hand on my belly where my babies are.

"It means that Jules is fine. Can you give it to me so I can talk to him? I want to hear it." she tells me and in her voice she sounds like she is happy, it can be seen that Jules' brother did not tell her how Jules is  .

"Christine I don't know how to tell you. But Jules was in an operation and now he's in a coma."  I tell her and I feel stupid for telling her that, I should have told her yesterday but I forgot to tell them too.  I just wanted to stay with my husband.

"What do you mean coma? Amalia tell me now!"  She screamed, I was afraid to say something.

"He was hit quite badly and is put in a coma to keep him alive and now we are about to make the transfer to Nice."  I tell her a little angry that she yelled at me, but when it comes to her son, she always yells at me.

I never agreed with yelling at people, but that's how my mother-in-law still reacts.  This is how I would react if something happened to my children, I understand their anger.

I hear her start to cry and at that moment I hear her calling the name of my father-in-law, Philippe Bianchi, and then I realized, when we return home, there will be mourning.

"Christine, Philippe, everything will be fine, we're still doing analyses, we'll see what we can do next, we have to be positive," I tell them, but even I couldn't control my tears, I had no choice, he's the man I'm looking for  I've been in love since I was 15.

I finish packing but I leave a pair of jeans and a blouse from Jules on the bed, it was red like his Formula 1 team.

I finished everything that had to be done and when I go out I hear someone knocking on the door, I go to open it and see Seb and Daniel, it's good when they come to see how I am.

Daniel came from Australia to France to see me when I only had a cold.  So did Seb, but he was closer.

"Hey, what's my little sister doing?"  Seb says and takes me in his arms and kisses me on the forehead.

"Hello, I can't say I'm better, but I'm moving on."  I tell him and go to Daniel

"Ami, everything will be fine," he tells me and holds me tightly in his arms.

"I know. But what are you guys doing here?"  I ask them and I go to sit on the bed.

"We know we're going to be a little rude, but we came to ask you if the rumors are true."  He calls me Daniel.

"What rumours?"  I ask him a little worried

"Heard you broke up with Jules right before the race."  Daniel tells me

I look at Seb and see him trying not to laugh.

"I told you it's not true, but you always see what is said on the internet," Seb says and pats him on the shoulder.

"God, Daniel, you've gone crazy. In the end, you've reached the limit of time. I was going back to the hospital."

"Why are you going back to the hospital, don't you stay and rest?"  Daniel asks

"Today I'm going back to Nice, with Jules. We're making the transfer to Nice so he can stay there in the hospital."

"Amalia, I can ask you something but I know that only 2 people know about it."  Seb asks me

I look at him and Daniel and nod.

"The babies are fine, the doctor did an ultrasound and I found out that I'm pregnant and I'm 3 weeks pregnant and I found out that I don't just have one baby, I have two healthy babies and I have the ultrasound footage and I have pictures."  I explain to them and give them the ultrasound first and take my phone from the bed and look for the footage taken this morning.

I see them with tears in their eyes, they have always been by our side, but now they will be even closer.  Seb is the first to come to me and kiss me on the forehead and hold me in his arms.

Daniel is still looking at the ultrasound, he is shocked and at the same time smiling.

I signal them to sit at the table in the corner of the room and give them the phone.  You can hear the conversation between me and the doctor and that moment comes in the hotel room, you can hear the heartbeats of our children mine and Jules

After the filming ended, Seb was holding my hand and Daniel came to me, kissed me on the cheek and put his hand on my belly and I see him approaching.

"Hey babies, I'm Uncle Daniel and I can't wait to meet you and Uncle Sebastian is here too, we'll take care of your mom and your dad. We'll be with you and your mom."

I was in tears at Daniel's words and he had tears in his eyes and so did Seb.  They are the ones who have always been with us.  They will help me in the future.

Everything will be fine, as long as I have Sebastian, Daniel, my family, Jules' family and the Leclerc family, together with them we will make a beautiful life for my children.

It will be okay .  You have to be positive.