Chapter Sixteen

November 15.

The most beautiful date in the calendar is the day Jules and I got married. I was only 20 years old when we took the big step, a new chapter in our lives. Today marks 5 years since our wedding. I will never forget when he proposed to me.

5 years ago, August 20, 2009

It's been a few weeks since our birthdays, this year Jules and I celebrated our birthday together. From our party I saw that he was agitated, he was always thinking, sometimes I told him something but he wasn't paying attention. I thought maybe he was stressed with all the things he had going on.

It was a hot summer day and Jules decided to do something, we bought a house together, our parents helped us and I am grateful to them for this. Jules decided to go and get ready because he wants to have a romantic dinner in our yard, I listened to him and went to take a shower, when I returned to the kitchen, I see Jules cutting something, he had his back to the door and it occurred to me to take him in my arms from behind. I get closer to him and wrap my hands around his abdomen and put my head between his neck and his shoulder, I feel that he realized it was me and started to move from side to side, it was romantic . We were always the romantic ones in our families, sometimes our parents say that we took over from them, but we didn't believe them, his brothers always tease us, but Jules doesn't pay attention to them.

"What are you doing, love?" I ask him and then he turns in my arms, now we are face to face, I look into his beautiful eyes, those eyes that I fell madly in love with.

"I'm preparing dinner, tonight we're not eating at home but we're going to have dinner in the garden and I'm going to prepare it, you, my dear girlfriend, are going to have princess treatment, now go and have a seat at the table. Do you want something to drink ? "

"I don't want anything, I just want to stay with you and maybe help you with something."

"Amalia, I told you only one thing, I'm preparing dinner and you sit well. Wait, I know what you can do, turn on the radio and listen to some music while I prepare dinner."

So it was done, I went and turned on the radio, the one we own and keep on the kitchen counter and when we cook we turn it on, something common between the two of us. I see Jules turn to face me and motion for me to come next to him, I approach him and he puts his hands around me and kisses me on the forehead.

"Do you want to go put the wine on the table?" he says and I look at him so carefully, if someone was there with us they would surely say that we are inseparable.

"I'm going, do you want me to do something else?"

"You don't have to do anything, anyway, there's still a little food left and it's ready." He tells me and I nod approvingly, but before I leave, I stand in front of him and pull him by the collar of his shirt and pull him even closer to me and kiss him passionately, I feel that I took him by surprise, but I can never get enough of his lips, his kisses, he is my drug. Without him I don't know what to do, as if my life has no color. Every day I love him more and more.

"Mon amour, I have to take the food out of the oven, if you keep kissing me you can do it, but it won't be a romantic dinner without food, right?" he asks me and I look at him with puppy eyes, he looks at me with a smile on his lips and gives me another quick kiss and goes to take the food out of the oven.

I'm still trying to help him but he comes and looks at me and does something I didn't expect, he took me in his arms like a bride and took me to our garden where he had placed the table and chairs, I look at him surprised by this surprise, he puts me down and pulls him towards me and kisses him as if my life depends on that kiss.