Chapter Seventeen

Days, weeks, months passed, doctors announced to me and our family that Jules will not survive in the state he is in now, naturally I am sorry that my husband will die but it is for the good of all .

We know that behind him there will only be sadness, suffering and that question 'Why should he suffer like this?', but maybe this is his fate.

The doctors tried everything they could, operations after operations, but everything was in vain, and little by little I lost hope, but when I put my hand on my belly where my children and Jules's are, I somehow feel relieved and I consider that our twins are a gift from Jules, his legacy.

On July 5, 2015, I gave birth to my beautiful twins, a healthy boy and girl, Enzo Jules Bianchi and Juliette Louise, when I look at them, I only see their father's features. It cheers me up and saddens me at the same time.

My family and Jules's family were so happy to meet their nephew and niece, but the happiness was about to end.

A simple phone call took away our joy, the doctors called to come urgently to the hospital because Jules' condition had worsened and they didn't know how long he had left to live.

When I arrived at the hospital I went directly to him, when I entered his hospital room, it was full of doctors and nurses. The doctor who took care of my dear husband had a look that said 'I'm sorry, I tried everything I could'.

I smile sadly at the doctor and he motions to the other people to go out with him, to leave us alone.

"Jules, my love, I know you can hear me. I know you are fighting for your life, the doctors said that the condition has worsened, but you know my love you can stop your fight for life, you fought for 9 months, me and the children ours will be fine, we have your family, my family and the Leclerc family, I know it's hard for me but you can leave now. We'll be fine and I'll love you forever." I say with tears in my eyes and gently squeeze his hand.

Suddenly I hear a sound that I didn't want to hear in my life, the sound that announced the death of my dear husband, how hard it is for me not to have him by my side anymore, but it was for his good, to he doesn't struggle anymore.

Suddenly, the doctor quickly entered the door with a nurse and looked at me, it was easy to see on their faces that they were sad. The doctor goes to the bed where my husband's lifeless body is now and stops the machine that monitors his heart rate.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Bianchi for your loss, I tried everything I could." he tells him and goes out with the assistant to prepare the necessary documents.

With tears in my eyes, I take out my phone and know that my family and Jules's family are at our house and I called my mother.

"Amalia, mother's dear, what is Jules doing?" my mother asks me only through her voice I hear her that she is happy only because she is with her grandchildren, when she called me from the hospital I didn't tell her why I was going or what Jules' condition was.

"Mom...Jules is dead." I tell him and start crying even harder than I did earlier, I realized that now I only have our children, mine and Jules's, a part of Jules is reflected in my children.

"No, I don't think so Amalia, how can she die?" I hear her and she started to cry but after I hear my children start to cry, maybe they also realized why, or maybe they are crying because a listen to my mother, I don't know, I have my thoughts in thousands of places.

"You know that the people from the hospital called me to come urgently and I didn't tell you the reason, that reason was that Jules' condition was getting worse and worse. That's why I ran away and didn't tell you anything ."