Chapter one

Act one
Season one episode one
A Hard Day's Night

Juliette was late. On her first day as an intern, she was late for work. Which is something you don't want happening on your first day of work especially when you're an intern. Juliette walked into the building to go to the area that all the interns were supposed to meet, she opened the door quietly seeing that the chief was saying something to the interns.

"Each of you comes here today hopeful, wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school, being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play? That's up to you."

"Okay, Martin, Robinson, Bond, Hawkins." A resident called out.

    Juliette grabbed her lab coat and her stethoscope locker.

"Only 7 women out of 20." The dirty blonde behind her pointed out looking between Juliette and another girl beside her in disbelief.

"Yeah, I heard one of them's a model. Seriously, like that;s going to help with the respect thing?' The black-haired girl pointed out.

Juliette: "You guys are Cristina and Meredith, Right?"

Man: "Patton, Monroe..."

Cristina: "Which resident are you assigned to? I got bailey."

Meredith: "The Nazi? Me too."

Juliette: "I got Bailey too."

George: "You got the Nazi? So did I." At least we'll be tortured together, right?" I'm George O'malley. Uh we met at the , uh mixer. You had on a black dress with a slit up the side, strappy sandals and ... Now you think I'm gay" he says after seeing the looks between Merideth and Cristina "No im not gay. It's just that, uh you were.. You were very unforgettable."

Juliette: "Hey George, I'm Juliette, nice to meet you."

Man: "O'malley, Yang, Grey, Stevens,Starks "

Cristina: "Bailey?"

Cristina: "that's the nazi"

O'malley: "I thought the nazi would be a guy"

Juliette: "I thought the nazi would be a nazi"

Blondie: "Maybe it's professional jealousy. Maybe she's brilliant, and they call her a nazi because they're jealous. Maybe she's nice".

Cristina: "Let me guess you're the model".

Isobel: "Hi, I'm Isobel Stevens, but everyone calls me Izzie".

Bailey: "I have five rules memorize them. Rule number one don't try sucking up i hate you already. That's not gonna change. Trama protocol, phone list, pagers. Nurses will page you. You answer at a run... a run.
That's rule number two. Your first shift starts now and lasts 48 hours".

"Your interns, grunts,nobodies, bottom of the surgical food chain. You run labs, write orders, work every second night until you drop, and don't complain".

"On call rooms attendings hog them. Sleep when you can where you can, which brings me to rule number three. If I'm sleeping don't wake me unless your patient is actually dying.
Rule number four- the dying patient better not be dead when i get there.
Not only will you have killed someone, you would have woken me for no good reason. Are we clear"?