Chapter 4

Season 1 Episode 5

Shake Your Grove Thing 

The next day Juliette was sitting with everyone watching Meredith in surgery. Everyone had wished to be in Meredith's spot since she was hold a beating heart. 

"I wish I could hold a heart" George complains. 

 "A monkey could hold a heart." Cristina scoffed. 

 "You're mad Burke didn't ask you." George replies. 

"George, I need more ice and chips" Izzie says walking into the gallery. 

 "Who else did you invite?" George asked knowing the party was supposed to be small. 

 "Izzie, we said the list was jocks only. Surgery, Trauma, Plastics. Who else?" Cristina asked. 

 "Just some people from Peds." Izzie replies.

"You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house." Cristina says. 

"Peds people aren't that bad, they are actually really nice" Juliette says. 

"The next thing you'll say is you invited the shrinks."

"Well...." 

"She invited mental defects. This party's D.O.A." 

 "You know, Meredith thinks this is just going to be a little, small, meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing." George told her. "Did you clear this with her?"

"No, but I will." Izzie says. "I promise." 

"Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend is in town on a big party? Is he bad in bed?" Cristina asked. 

"No."  "I just want him to meet some of my friends." 

 "Right. Sixty geeks in scrubs are your friends.  Bad sex, sucks for you." 

 "I heard there was a party tonight at Meredith's house." Alex says walking up to the group 

 "Oh really, party?" Cristina says playing dumb 

 "Uh, news to me." Izzie says playing along 

 "No party."

"What party?" Juliette says playing along.

"Are we losing her or what?" Alex asked.

"Hey, I hear you did a CABG with Burke." Derek says to Meredith as her and Juliette walk by him.

 "yeah." Meredith replied. 

"Did you get to hold the heart?" 

 "yeah." 

 "It's an amazing feeling. You never forget your first time." Derek says. 

"It was pretty great just to watch. Vicarious thrills, you know?" Juliette says, getting into the conversation between the two, also hitting the elevator button. 

 "yeah."

Derek: "See you later." Derek says, as the two get into the elevator. 

Meredith: "Bye." Meredith says stepping in the elevator with Juliette. 

  "I think maybe I did something to the heart when I was holding it. I nodded off a little. Squeezed it." Meredith says. 

 "Oh, please. The heart's a tough muscle. It could take a squeeze or two." Juliette replies. 

"My fingernail popped the glove. Cut straight through. Juliette, what if I punctured Mrs. Patterson's heart?" Meredith says.