Chapter 11

02X04

Deny, Deny, Deny

While Juliette was at Joe's with Izzie, George, and Meredith, she approached Bailey who was sitting at the bar to talk to her and to grab another drink.

"Hey Dr. Bailey hows it going" Juliette says grabbing the drink Joe gave her.

"I'm fine, how are you?" Bailey greeted back.

"I'm great" Juliette says, as Derek walks up to them.

"Meredith kissed me. Addison kissed me. My wife and my girlfriend kissed me on the same day." Derek says sitting next to Juliette and Bailey.

"Joe, do I look friendly to you?" Bailey asked.

"Oh, you're a tiny little kitten of joy and love." Joe replied. "What? He saved my life."

"His first mistake. Mc Dreamy, go sit by someone who cares." Bailey says.

"I care, just not about that stuff." Juliette says leaving the bar.

"Oh gee..." Derek says not moving from his spot.

"I want everyone focused today. With Cristina out, we're short an intern and I have a feeling it's gonna be one of those days. And Karev, see the chief by the end of the day." Bailey says as the group walks around for post-ops.

"What for?" Alex questioned.

"Do I look psychic to you?" Bailey asked. "He is the chief. He asked. You go."

"What did he do now?" Meredith asked Juliette and George.

"Maybe he gave the chief syphilis." George whispered causing Juliette to giggle.

"I'm sorry, did I miss the bell for social hour?" Bailey questioned as the group walks into a patient's room.

"Tales of missionary life." patient says.

"You're a missionary?" Izzie asked.

"No, my parents. We traveled a lot. They still do." patient replied.

"Oh wow. This stuff looks great." Izzie says. "Um, this is Dr. Burke's patient, Kalpana Vera..."

"Kull-punnah." Named by villagers in Nepal." the patient says.

"Uh, she presents with a multiple syncopal episodes and ventricular arrhythmias." Izzie says.

"So you've been passing out?" Bailey questioned.

"Yeah and having palpitations." patient replies.

"Past medical history of rheumatic heart disease with mitral valve stenosis." Izzie says.

"They had to ship me from Zambia to the States for 3 months of treatment when I was 8. Rheumatic fever almost killed me."

"Dr. Stevens. What are the primary causes of ventricular arrhythmias?" Bailey asked Izzie.

"Valvular disease, mitral valve prolapse, stimulants, drugs, and metabolic abnormalities." Cristina says before Izzie can say it.

"What?"

"Out!" Bailey tells Cristina.

"I'm fine." Cristina replied.

"Out! You better be in your room by the time we round on you." Bailey tells her.

"And when will that be?" Cristina questioned.

"In 15 seconds. 14. 13. 12. 11." Bailey says.

"Nice panties, Yang." Alex says as Cristina walks out with her own open.