Chapter 9

02X02

Enough is Enough

Meredith, Cristina, and Juliette were sprawled across the bathroom, coming down form a long night of drinking, minus Cristina. 

Cristina sat grumpily in the shower tub, Meredith was hunched over the toilet sit, and Juliette just sat on the floor hung over.  Meredith was drunk because her and Derek broke up, Cristina was upset because her and burke broke up, and Juliette wasn't angry at anything just wanted to get drunk.  

"It's not us," Meredith said slightly slurred. "it's them. Them and their stupid boy ponies. They didn't tell me they had a wife.  They gave absolutely no warning that they were going to break up with you."

 "It's not that Burke broke up with me. It's how he broke up with me. Like it was business. Like it was a business transition, like he's the boss of me!" 

 "He is the boss of you." Meredith replied. 

 "And what's worse is that I care." 

 "I'm gonna throw up again. No. Wait. False alarm." 

 "Look, the problem is estrogen." Cristina says. 

 "No, the problem is tequila." Juliette replied. 

 "I used to be all business, and then he goes and gets me pregnant." Cristina says. 

 "With the stupid boy penis." Meredith replies. 

 "Now, I'm having hormone surges. He ruined me. I'm ruined. He turned me into this fat, stupid, pregnant girl. Who cares! Estrogen!" Cristina says. 

 "Penises. Penises Izzie." Meredith says as Izzie and George walk in. 

 "Estrogen George." 

 "Okay." George said. "What did I miss?"

"I came home to full on vomit drama." Izzie said. "Apparently she dumped Derek and her, she's been sleeping with Burke, and Juliette is just drunk." 

 "So you really broke up with Shepherd?" George asked Meredith. 

 "I feel empty."

 "Two hours of vomiting will do that to you." Izzie  says. 

  "No, I feel empty."

 "You're lucky. I feel pissed off." Cristina says closing the door. 

 "Male, 55, victim of a head-on collision. GCS is 3. Depressed skull fracture. Multiple internal injuries. ACLS protocol started, but was vein blew so we've been pushing meds down the tube. PEA on arrival." medic tells Bailey and the interns. 

 "How long has he been down?" Bailey questioned. 

 "We've been doing CPR for about 20 minutes. It took fire 20 minutes to get him out of the car. He's pretty much gone." 

 "Uh, he's not gone until we say he's gone. Keep coding." Bailey responded. "O'Malley, Stark, get him into a bay and save him."

 "But he's dead." George and Juliette say at the same time. 

"Olivia, Pulseless V-Tach." Juliette says. 

 "Line's in." Meredith says. 

 "Okay, charge to 200." George said. 

 "200." 

 "Clear."

 "Push 1 of epi. Let's go again. Charge to 300." 

 "Seriously?" Juliette questioned. 

 "I think that's what Dr. Bailey wants you to do, Juliette . Dr. Stark."