chapter 12

02X18

Yesterday

"You know, he's acting like I committed a crime. Like my apartment is full of stolen goods." Christina says walking into the locker room. "He's acting like I kept my apartment to hide stolen goods so I can do illegal transactions money."

"Are you sure he's just not acting like you lied about moving in?" Meredith questioned

"Ok, what's wrong with you?" Cristina questioned her.

"My mommy's a filthy whore."

"Everyone's mother is a whore" Juliette replied as Cristina shrugs her shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chuck Eaton. 54. Has stage 3B non small cell lung cancer with possible invasion of the pleura. And a history of COPD. He's had extensive chemo-radiotherapy, with minimal regression of the tumor. He's been admitted for radical and block re-section." Meredith says, everyone besides Bailey stand in a patients room.

"I was a smoker. The ah oncologist, he explained that I have a 25% chance of surviving the surgery."

"Well unfortunately that's about right. If you should elect not to proceed we can make you more comfortable." Burke tells the patient.

"With all do respect ah- there's no way you can make a man dying a slow death comfortable. I'll roll the dice."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning Dr. Bailey. Hi, big boy!" Izzie says, walking up to the group with George.

"Are the OR's up and running?" Bailey asked the interns.

"of course" Juliette says.

"Ah yeah fully functional. Except there's some smoke damage to the corridor." Christina replied.

"How bout you?" Bailey asked Meredith. "You fully functional?"

"I'm fine. How's your husband?" Meredith asked.

"Take him home tomorrow." Bailey replied. "Okay this is not a tea party. Go work. Save some lives.Now!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jake Burton. 15. Has advanced craniodiaphyseal dysplasia. Was admitted last night after complaining of headaches." Juliette says.

"He's not a complainer." Jakes mother says.

"He's been having some nausea as well." Jakes dad says.

"Okay may I?" Derek asked. "Jake, can I get you to sit up please?"

"Sure."

"Right okay. I want you to look right here for me." Derek says holding his finger up infant of Cristina, making Jake look at Cristina. "Thank you."

"You know you could pretend I'm a lion. It helps." Jake tells Cristina, making Juliette laugh a little.

"Sorry?" Cristina questioned.

"You could pretend I'm a lion and then instead of a really messed up kid you get a talking circus animal which is way easier to look at." Jake replied.

"Dr. Stark what's our immediate concern?" Derek questioned.

"That the bony tumors are growing inward and encroaching on his brain." Juliette says.