Chapter 8

02X01

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

 "All hail the champ!" Joe yells when George, Cristina and Juliette come into the bar. "So, my guy Alex finally got what was coming to him." 

 "George knocked him down in one punch. You should've seen it." Juliette says. 

 "I don't want to talk about it!" George replied. 

 "brag, champ, brag. You've earned it." 

 "Can I have a beer, please?" George asked. 

 "Let's play a game of whose life sucks the most." Meredith starts.  "I'll win. I always win." 

 "No, you don't want to play with me." Cristina replied. 

 "Oh, I do. I'll even go first. Derek's married." Meredith says, as Juliette and George spit their beer out. 

 "George, Juliette, beer is dripping from your nostrils." Cristina says. 

 "Told you I'd win." Meredith replied. 

 "No, you didn't win." 

 "Did you hear me? I said Derek is married. As in pigheaded, adulterous, liar married. Nothing you could say could top that." Meredith says. 

 "I'm pregnant. I win." Cristina replied. 

 "Ok. Maybe Joe wins." Cristina says as Joe falls. 

 "Joe, like back down." Juliette says. 

 "You called the gurney patrol?" Joe questioned. 

 "Sit back and relax." Meredith said.  "We have to take you to the hospital to run some tests."

 "Tests? I don't need tests. I'm fine!" Joe says. 

 "Dude! You collapsed! On the floor. This is you bar. You know how filthy this floor is." Cristina replied. 

 "Radial pulse is strong." Meredith says. 

 "Minor skull contusions." Cristina said. 

 "You're sleeping with someone?" Meredith questioned. 

 "What? Who?" 

 "Why is that such a shock?" Cristina questions.  "Even George and Juliette managed to get some action."

 "Correction." George starts, "George got some syphilis."

"and Juliette hasn't gotten anything"

 "How could I not know, you were sleeping with someone?" Meredith asked. 

 "Forget this." Joe says walking out. 

 "All right. Details." Meredith demanded while the interns were waiting to see what was wrong with Joe. "You're pregnant? What are you gonna do?" 

 "Look, you know what happens to pregnant interns." Cristina says, "I'm not switching to the vagina squad or spending my life popping zits. I'm too talented. Surgery's my life." 

"which begs the question, who are you sleeping with?" Juliette questioned.

 "Why are you back here tonight, don't you have a date with McDreamy?" Izzie asked. 

 "More like McMarried." George and Juliette reply. 

 "McWhat?" 

 "I came to check on Joe." Meredith says.