38

When I get home I start cleaning

When I get home I start cleaning. She's coming over and I want everything to be perfect.

As I'm vacuuming my bedroom, I think back to the moment in her room earlier. I lied to her. I just didn't want her to be embarrassed, I can tell she was already disgusted with herself as is.

I sigh and go to the nursery. There are a few furniture items in there for storage so I move them all over by the wall that's completely finished.

I feel so guilty now. I should've told her. What happens if she finds out now?

I shake off the feeling as I hear footsteps. I exit the room and meet Lavender at the top of the stairs.

"Oh, hi." She smiles sweetly and my face quirks up. I love her smile so much. She's so pretty.

"Your Mom invited me in. She said the morning sickness is getting to her. Her belly bump is starting to show, it's really cute."

Her hair is wet so she must've just gotten out of the shower. I check out her outfit to see her wearing white wide-leg sweats and a pink lace mesh tank top that ties in between her cleavage. Her white lace bra is peeking out and I try my best to not stare but fail miserably. That shirt compliments her really well.

"Elijah?" Lavender says my name, making my eyes go back to her face. "What's wrong?"

I clear my throat and shake my head. "Nothing. I'll show you where the room is."

I walk to the nursery and she follows. "I know where it is," she laughs. I love her laugh, it's the sweetest sound ever.

I open the door and we walk in. "This is sorta our storage room at the moment, I hope you don't mind."

"It's no problem, I can work around it."

I head to the closet and slide it open. I reach up on the shelves and grab the paint, putting it back down on the tarp that hasn't been moved.

"Thank you."

"Do you want some breakfast? I'll make it for you." I'll make anything for you.

"No thanks, I've been throwing up all morning." Lavender shrugs and opens the green paint again.

"Do you want help?" I offer.

"No, thank you."

I feel so guilty I just want to do something for her.

"Well, I'll be in my room if you need anything at all." I stand awkwardly by the door.

Lavender turns to me and smiles. "Okay." She nods.