49

School is the most boring thing to exist

Calculus was just more and more questions. They didn't even make sense. Who needs letters in math equations? Like seriously?

English was more reading and writing because that's what it always is.

I need something new I'm so sick of it.

"Lavender," Mr. Morgan interrupts everyone's conversations.

I look over at him and he waves me over. "Yes sir? Did I do something?"

"Take this pass, the counselor would like to see you."

That's new.

I hesitantly take the pink pass. Going back to my desk to grab my stuff I glance over at Harper who's tilting her head at me. I shrug with a confused face.

I leave the classroom and walk down the quiet empty hallway. It's low-key scary.

I get to the counselor's office and look for mine, Mrs. Flores. I knock on her door and she tells me to come in.

I'm suddenly missing Mrs. Miller.

"Take a seat, Miss Quinn."

I slowly sit in front of her desk. "You wanted to see me?"

"Yes, I wanted to talk to you about your future," she explains.

Just kill me now.

I nod and try my best to be polite.

"It's the beginning of November which means colleges and universities are closing their early admissions soon."

Any emotion in my face drops. No.

"What? What do you mean?" I implore.

"Have you submitted any applications yet?"

I look down at my lap, embarrassed. "I haven't."

Mrs. Flores hesitantly nods. "Okay, that's okay. Do you have a college essay written?"

I perk up just a little. "Yeah, since like eighth grade."

It's true, I have had so many rough drafts of my college essay since like middle school.

"Great, you can submit that."

My face immediately stares at my lap again. "I would have to review it, a couple of times."