53

I'm not mad at her, I could never be mad at her

I'm not mad at her, I could never be mad at her. I'm just so disappointed.

We walk into the café and take up a couple of booths.

"Do you think they have snails here? I wanna try them."

Lavender looks at Sage and gives him the most nastiest face. He notices and sucks his teeth. "Okay 'Your Majesty', what are you gonna get?"

"Oh, I am not hungry. I ate on the plane."

That gets me to speak up. "No, you didn't. You were too nauseous."

Her head snaps from where she's sitting diagonally from me. "Yes, I did. You were asleep."

"I always fell asleep after you did."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Oh my gosh. Just get a muffin or something, Lav." Faye awkwardly laughs.

She notices Sage and Harper looking at her in disdain. "What?" she asks.

They both give each other a look before subtly rolling their eyes. I feel like they wanted to say something.

"Fine. I'll get 'a muffin or something'," Quinn mocks while glaring at me. "Would that make you happy, Rivera?"

"Very." I squint my eyes as well.

Jeez.

A waiter eventually comes to our table and we all try our best to order in French. The weirdest thing happens though, when he gets to my Lavender, and this is hilarious, he starts flirting with her.

"Et pour toi, mon amour?" the waiter asks.

My eyes subconsciously narrow as my jaw locks.

Lavender tilts her head with a closed-lip smile. "Um, je prendrai un muffin aux myrtilles et n'importe quoi à la vanille pour un verre," she explains.

The waiter nods and tells us all our items will be out soon.

Harper bites her bottom lip and scoots in closer to Lav. "Mon amour," she mocks in a deep voice in her ear.

She giggles and smacks her friend away. "Shut up," she whispers.

I roll my eyes and watch my lap with a sigh.

"What do you guys wanna do next?" Faye asks everyone from beside me.

"I was gonna go to more museums," Lavender states.

"Again? But you just saw the biggest one like ever."

Quinn gives Faye a blank stare before blinking repeatedly. "Yes. Um, but every museum is different, with different art, and backstories, so you know, not really all the same." She licks her teeth.