Chapter Thirteen - New Beginnings

Two Months Later

Bluebella had decided she needed a change, a fresh start so to say. Something that would make her life a little easier. Which is what she told people whenever they asked.

That was easier than telling people that child protective services found she was living alone so were going to make her meet some new foster parents.

Thankfully someone felt a little kind that day and took her under his wing.

"So you're living together?" Scott sat in the front of the jeep utterly bewildered at the news Stiles had just come out with.

Stiles hesitated "Well yeah I guess. My dad saw she was about to be shipped off to god knows where and stepped in. Said he'd be her legal Gaudian until she turns eighteen."

"Man you must love that," Scott laughed.

Stiles cocked his head slightly "I mean I don't hate it but why would you say that?"

Scott gave him a semi-stern look. "Come on, you're more obsessed with her than you were Lydia! You're telling me when she says she's going for a shower you don't -"

"No god no!" Stiles yelped slightly disgusted "And just because I got over Lydia doesn't mean my attention is on Blue. She's just a friend,"

Scott held his hands up in mock surrender. "Alright Alright. Well if Bluebella is living with you, then why are we picking her up from her apartment?"

Stiles pulled into the driveway "She's renting it out to Derek, she's just helping him get settled. Don't know how it's taken four hours though,"

Scott wagged a finger "See I'm sensing a wiff of jealousy there mate," Stiles scoffed at him.

"Your senses are broken,"

Bluebella came out the building tossing the keys to Derek. "No pissing up the walls, I know what you dogs are like," she laughed. He let a small smile grace his lips, before returning to his usual frown.

"Your dog jokes are really boring," he said, fighting to keep a straight face.

Bluebella clambered into the back of the Jeep, a cheery smile on her face. "Take care of my house grumpy!" she called.

Derek gave her a single wave, more like a salute before stepping inside his new home.

Bluebella kicked her legs up in the back of the car. "So boys," she smiled "What we doing today?"

"Boy, it's a good thing you drew me a picture."

The trio had landed inside a tattoo shop, much to Bluebella's disgust. The shop was lined with cool drawings, it just smelt of fags. 

"Hey, Scott, sure you don't want something like this?" Stiles held up a drawing of a lizard like creature. Bluebella snorted.

"Too soon?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know, man, are you sure about this? I mean, these things are pretty permanent, you know?" Stiles was clearly not in favour of his friend's tattoo, or any tattoo in general, but clearly too polite to say it outright.

"I'm not changing my mind." Scott defended. 

Stiles sighed "Okay, but why two bands?"

Scott shrugged "I just like it."

Stiles paused for a moment, trying to think of a way to say he really hated the idea whilst also being  a good friend. 

"But don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning, you know, or something?" 

"Getting a tattoo means something." Bluebella butted in, flipping through some papers of fairy drawings, Stiles snorted when he saw what she was looking at.

"I don't think that's..." he began to her but was cut off by the tattoo artist.