Chapter thirty nine - Divine Move

"Tell me everything," 

Bluebella had opted to spend the night at Lydia's, after the strawberry blonde noticed her friend avoiding eye contact with Stiles - she knew something must have gone wrong. The two now sat on Lydia' bed, Lydia wearing her silk pink set, and Bluebella opting for a large t-shirt and checked shorts. 

"I don't even know where to start," she said truthfully. "Everything blurred together and I don't know where it starts,"

Lydia shrugged "So go from the middle, we can always backtrack if needed," she said with a smile.

Bluebella ran her hands through her messy hair. 

"I guess...when Stiles disappeared it felt like my whole heart had been ripped out. And then when he came back, and he was sitting in his room I felt so relieved. I didn't even fathom to think that it was Draven sitting there and not Stiles," Bluebella confessed. "He...he tried to kiss me,"

Lydia gasped "Stiles did?"

Bluebella shook her head "No, Draven did. I realised that it was Draven and not Stiles so I ran. But then I realised if it had been Stiles I would have let him kiss me,"

The other girl nodded understandably "So you've finally figured that out, what are you stressed about?"

"Well, Stiles knows that happened. But he hasn't said anything - what if he doesn't see me like that? Surely if he did he would have ...I don't know, tried again?"

Lydia pondered it for a moment before shaking her head "I don't know Bella, Stiles might think that you wanted to kiss Draven, not him," 

Bluebella groaned "Well he's an idiot then isn't he, I ran away from Draven,"

Lydia shrugged, throwing a pillow at her friend "Boys are weird, now turn around so I can do your hair,"

Bluebella rolled her eyes, but complied as she allowed Lydia to gently brush the knots out of her hair. 

"So what do I do?" she asked quietly. "You're the expert at this, you've had loads of boyfriends!"

Lydia smiled sadly "Exactly, none of which had any substance. If you really like Stiles, you just need to tell him,"

Bluebella grimaced "That sounds awful," she replied. Lydia laughed, as she starting braiding Bluebella's hair in two French plaits. 

"The worst than can happen is he says no," Lydia said wisely "And something tells me he won't,"

The next day Bluebella found herself being dragged off to the animal clinic. She was barely awake enough to throw on some baggy jeans and one of Lydia's red tops, yet alone to pay much attention to what was going on.

Her eyes wandered past the different vials and chemicals in the vet's office, her mind focused on her hazel eyed boy. She wondered how he was doing, if it was worth calling him, or if he even wanted to hear from her. After all it was partially her fault they were in this mess, Draven had come back for her.

"The problem is this isn't even a person you're fighting. It just looks like one. It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human." Deaton said with a heavy sigh. Despite always being the person the group went to to fix their problems, he wasn't having an optimistic outlook on this one.

"The shape of my best friend." Scott countered.

"Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?" Lydia asked. 

Bluebella's breath hitched. The rest of the group viewed the Nogitsune as the villain, so none of them even thought about what that must have been like. Trapped underground for hundreds of years, unable to die but unable to live.