Chapter thirty five - Echo House

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Stiles, Scott and Noah were stood outside the gates of Echien house, all of them looking sorrowful. Scott was looking at Stiles with a mixture of confusion and sadness. 

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this." Stiles replied, not meeting his friends eye.  "Besides, It's only 72 hours." 

Scott shook his head "This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tutor inside him filled with flies," he turned to Noah, as if hoping he'd be able to get through to him  "You don't know everything yet, are you sure this is the right decision?"

Noah didn't look convinced, but stood his ground "I know enough. Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called. And I know that Bluebella doesn't have a lot of time to help us before she has to go,"

"Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct." Scott mumbled to himself. 

"Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm headed down to L.A. Tomorrow to talk to a specialist." Noah sighed, rubbing his forehead as if it pained him.

"Then why are you putting him in here?" Scott asked. 

" He's not." Stiles said, stepping forward slightly  "It was my decision."

Scott looked to his best friend mournfully  "Stiles, I can't help you if you're in here." he pleaded, the thought of not being able to help his best friend if needed made his stomach churn. Speaking of which -

"Why is Bluebella not here?" Scott asked, suddenly realising that the faerie girl was no-where to be seen. 

Stiles and Noah both looked uneasy.

"We thought it best she didn't know, Blue has a way of talking me out of things, and she wouldn't want me somewhere she couldn't get to me," Stiles said quietly, a guilty feeling in his stomach.

"But Stiles, she wants to protect you. And out of any of us, she probably could," Scott reasoned, but Stiles shook his head. 

"Whatever this thing is that's possessing me, wants to hurt her the most. I can't let that happen Scott, and I can't hurt you," 

Scott bit his lip, he was aware that Draven had definitely held a grudge against Bluebella, but he was also sure that she could take care of herself.

"Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. Bluebella is doing so much research.  We're gonna find something." he promised, before hesitating  "And if we can't..."

Stiles cut him off "If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay? Make sure I never get out."

Scott watched his best friend go, his heart heavy. What felt even heavier however, is when he remembered that Bluebella was home, waiting Stiles' return, and probably very hopeful. 

He sighed, taking out his phone from his pocket.

"Derek?" he asked through the speaker "Er - I need your help,"

"YOU DID WHAT?" Derek almost stalled the car, looking at Scott as if he had grown three heads. 

Scott shrank backwards "Hey man I didn't do it! They just...told Bella Stiles would be back in a bit and shipped him off to Echo house...for three days," his voice got a little smaller as he watched Derek roll his eyes.

"Scott, do you know what happens when Faeries lose control of their magic?"

Scott frowned "But Bluebella can't do magic, she said so herself," he replied, looking confused. Derek resisted the urge to roll his eyes again.