Chapter 9- I Couldn't Help Myself But Worry.

(1 day later, Tuesday, 9:30am.)

"Sup, Kai?" Gwen mocks as I sit down next to her.

"Haha." I dryly laugh. "Make as much fun of me as you want." I say, pulling my book, pen and calculator out of my bag.

"I will." She responds, a smirk on her face.

"How about you get started on the questions while you do it?" I reply, sliding my calculator over to her.

"I will." She states, picking up the calculator and beginning to do the questions.

"How are you?" I ask, bouncing my pen left and right in my hands.

"Great, how about you?" She says, looking up at me before looking back down.

"Good, I had a fun afternoon." I answer.

"Oh, really? What'd you do?" Gwen asks with an intrigued tone.

"Got made fun of by Jade. You know, the usual." I inform her, huffing playfully.

"What was she making fun of you for?" She responds, laughing lightly.

"Well, she's still making fun of me for not riding some of the rides with her on Saturday." I answer, watching her write down the answers.

"Sucks to be you." Gwen chuckles.

"Yeah, it really does." I sigh playfully as I nod my head.

"I'm guessing your schedule must be packed for the next week." Gwen replies, a tiny smile pulling itself onto her face from what I could see.

"Oh, you wouldn't believe." I chuckle. "What about you? I'm sure Gwen Stacy doesn't have free days." I say.

"Same as you." She responds. "Filled to the brim." She adds, sliding her book next to mine.

"Thank you." I state, beginning to write the answers down.

Gwen hums, a short peaceful silence overtaking over the both of us. "Hey, Kai?" She says.

"Yeah?" I question, looking up at her.

"When's your next shift?" She asks, making eye contact with me.

"Uh, it's on Thursday." I answer, breaking my eyes away from hers and looking down at our books, copying the final answer.

"What time?" She responds.

"5pm-8pm." I inform her, sliding her book back onto her desk.

"Do you get a break?" She asks.

"Yeah, I do. Why? Do you wanna hang out again?" I reply, putting my calculator, pen and book into my bag.

"If you're okay with it." Gwen shrugs.

"Yeah, I'd be fine with it. I'll text you when I find out where I'm cleaning." I tell her, looking at her.

"If you don't want to, don't feel obligated." Gwen states.

"Do you want me to feel obligated?" I ask her, leaning against the back of the chair.

"No, I don't want you to." She answers, shaking her head.

"Good, I won't." I say, crossing my arms.

"Hey guys." Jade's voice greets from my left.

"Hey, Jade." Gwen replies, looking away from me and towards Jade.

"What are you two talking about?" Jade questions.

"How you still make fun of me for not riding some of the rides with you." I answer, changing the subject from Gwen and I hanging out.

"You're at Luna Park, you gotta enjoy as many rides as possible." Jade defends, a teasing look on her face.