Chapter 26- The New Kids Are Always Popular.

(2 days later, Monday, 10:31am.)

"Kai, are you not hungry?" Jade questions me as she paces herself next to me.

"Not really." I reply, making my way through the school hallways.

"Would you like to tell me where you're going?" She asks.

"I'm going out, I'm not being in school for break." I answer.

"Right. Can I know where?" She replies.

"I don't know where, Jade." I huff, the thought of seeing Stacy sitting alone in a seat of the cafeteria burned into my mind.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Jade questions, her tone slightly concerned.

"I don't care, it's up to you." I tell her.

"Okay, uh, I'll, uh, stay here." She says, her body leaving my peripheral as her footsteps stop.

"Cool, I'll see you in a bit." I reply, continuing to walk.

Jade's voice doesn't respond, a sigh releasing from my mouth as I turn a corner. Reaching into my pocket and pulling out my phone, I turn it on and check the time. I had 29 minutes to go somewhere, grab something to eat and get back here for my next class. Trying to think of what I should grab to eat, my Spider-sense tingles a second too late as I slam into someone. The both of us crashing onto the floor, the sound of books and papers scattering onto the floor. "God, that hurt." A female voice hisses.

Releasing a quick groan, I sit up from my grounded position, coming face to face with a long-haired brunette. "I'm so sorry." I tell her.

"It's okay, don't worry about it, I should've been watching where I was going." She replies, waving me off and starting to pick everything up.

"I was looking at my phone." I say, beginning to pick up some of the papers that had splattered across the floor.

"It was both of our faults, I guess." She lightly chuckles, putting books in her bag.

"Names Kai Bo-" I go to introduce myself only for her to cut me off.

"Boyer." She states with a light smile.

"You know me?" I question, my eyebrows contorting in confusion.

"The new kids are always famous." She informs me. "Plus, everyone knows you as the person who became friends with Gwen Stacy." She adds.

"Oh, they do?" I reply, grabbing the final piece of paper.

"It's better than what some other people are known as." She says.

"Well, uh, since you know who I am, can I know who you are?" I ask, holding out the small stack of paper for her to hold.

"Katie Paste." She answers, grabbing the paper from me.

"Nice to meet you, Katie." I say, pushing myself up off the ground and lending my hand out to her.

"Same to you Kai." She replies, grabbing onto my hand.

Pulling her up off of the ground, we let go of each other's hands. "Hopefully, next time we meet, we won't fall onto the floor." I tell her with a joking tone.

"Hopefully." She laughs. "I'll see you around." She adds before walking off behind me.

Putting my phone in my pocket, I shrug my shoulders before continuing my walk towards the school parking lot.

__________________________________

(Jade's Pov.)

Sitting down at a seat, I pull out my phone and a wrapped sandwich. Turning on my phone and unwrapping my sandwich, I take a bite from it as I access the group chat that doesn't contain Kai and Gwen.