Chapter 33- All I Ever Did Was Listen To You.

(A/N: A new chapter? It's about damn time. Sorry about the delay with it, I really wanted to do the chapter justice and I was in a state where I couldn't be bothered to write. Anyway, I hope you all like the chapter.) :)

(20 minutes later, 4:17pm, Gwen's Pov.)

Taking my mask off, I keep my hoodie over my head and look down at Jade's phone. I had entered the radius of where Kai supposedly was. It seemed familiar but I couldn't fully recognise where I remember it from.

Maybe it's because I haven't actually seen Kai yet. I've been heading towards the centre of the radius that Kai was in. Does it mean he could be in the middle? No, but one can hope. It's still raining. It's gotten slightly worse than what it was before. I had my hood over my head so my hair or face weren't getting wet plus I wouldn't be cold. I can't say the same for Kai. Last I saw him, he had no hoodie or anything to protect him from the rain. So, he's probably getting drowned in the rain. I don't blame him. Being in the rain is nice but at a time like this?

I just don't want him to get a cold. I know his immune system is stronger because of his powers but I'm still worried he's going to get a virus. Why Jade sent me to talk to Kai I'm not sure. I feel like at this point in time he won't want to talk to anyone. And yet, I'm the one that's been sent to talk to him.

Releasing a groan, I look up from the phone and take in my surroundings. Everything about this place was familiar, my mind vividly remembers it but I can't name when I've been here.

Approaching a corner, I notice a familiar sight. My mind immediately remembering where I am. Looking down the street, I notice a body sitting down on a bench. The person hunched over, the rain pattering on their back. "Kai..." My mouth automatically speaks, a wave of emotions rushing over me.

Without hesitation my body moves towards him. My worry for him overtaking any of my anxious thoughts about talking to him.

Putting Jade's phone into my pocket, I begin to approach Kai. The sight of the view that we ate at twice filling my vision. "Kai." I speak, my voice catching his attention as he raises his head and turns towards me.

"What are you doing here?" He asks with an emotionless tone.

"Checking on you." I answer. "You're gonna get a cold if you stay out here and in those clothes." I tell him.

"I don't care." He bluntly responds.

"You could be a little bit less blunt." I say.

"You're the one who came out here." He replies, staring out at the view.

"To check on you." I state, folding my arms.

"I heard you the first time." He scoffs.

"Are you just gonna be a dick? The entire time I've known you, you've never been like this." I question, my eyes narrowing slightly in irritation.

"If you're gonna talk shit, leave." He sighs, sinking his head into his arms.

"You're just gonna sit here and be depressed?" I ask, waving my arms around. Kai doesn't respond, his position staying the same, the rain dripping from his body onto the table below him. "How are you the same Kai that was friends with me?"

"Can you leave me alone? I came here to be alone. Not to be harassed by a backstabber." He finally speaks, his tone still as emotionless as it once was.

"I'm the backstabber?" I ask. Waiting for a response from him only for it to never come. "Is this all you're going to do? Be a dick when I ask you something?" I question.

"Like I said you're the one that came out here." He responds.

A silence overtakes the air. The smell of rain filling my senses as I watch Kai stay in the same position. What am I doing? He's sulking and instead of trying to keep him company I'm being a dick. It's my fault we're not friends and here I am acting like we've both done something wrong when in actuality it's just been me that's been the one making mistakes and fucking us both up. "You can go home. You're gonna get a cold if you stay out here." Kai speaks, breaking me out of my thoughts momentarily.