Chapter 31- I'm Gonna Enjoy The Sun.

A/N: 10.3k reads in total? Damn is that alot. Thank you all for the reads, I honestly didn't expect this to hit 10k. I had hopes for 2-3k but 10k blows that out of the water. I'm so glad people are enjoying this book and I hope it stays that way until it's finished. :)

(1 hour later, 7pm.)

"You pushed me off of a building! What do you mean oops?!" I shout at Jade, using my hands as air-quotes.

"My hand slipped." She grins, shrugging her shoulders.

"Yeah, right. Sure." I scoff, walking up the driveway.

"Hey, you learnt how to swing didn't you?" Jade replies, her grin conveying slyness behind it.

"I learnt the basics of web-swinging." I sigh, watching her grin turn into a victorious one.

"Yes! I knew it would work!" She jumps in joy, pumping her fist.

Putting the house keys into the door, I twist and unlock the door before opening it. "Not a word." I whisper to her, my expression morphing into a serious one.

"Yeah, yeah." Jade responds, making a talking sign with her hand. "All you do is talk." She says, stretching her arms.

"Hey, you two." Tess greets from the couch.

"Hey, Mum." Jade responds, walking towards the couch.

"So, where were you two?" Tess questions with a curious tone.

"Kai wanted to go out and look around some stores." Jade answers, looking at me before putting her finger over one side of her eye and dragging it down.

"That is not true. Jade always lies, you know she always wants to go shopping." I lie, defending myself.

"Oh! That's how it's gonna be?" Jade questions, scoffing playfully.

"You started it." I respond, folding my arms.

__________________________________

(???'s Pov.)

"Boss, what'd you call me in for?" The henchman asks with a confused expression.

"It's been a couple of days since we sent the recon team to scout the school. We now have the knowledge that Spider-Woman resides there along with someone named Boyer. Did you ever find him?" I respond, waiting for him to answer.

"We checked the school records and discovered someone by the name of Kai Boyer. We are positive that this is the same person she referenced to the Intel team before they were promptly snuffed out." He answers, his response intriguing me deeply.

What would Spider-Woman want with a student at the school? No matter, that answer isn't something I wish to seek out. "Good. Here's what I want. Pay the Rhino's bail and send the Hunter there. Tell them to try and avoid casualties. Should they happen is unfortunate. The main thing I want is either Spider-Woman injured or Boyer to be put in a situation that distracts her from us." I tell him, resting my hands on my desk.

"Very well, sir." He nods before swiftly exiting the room.

__________________________________

(1 day later, Thursday, 8:40am, Kai's Pov.)

"Second last day of this term before we go on holiday." Katie states, stretching her arms before releasing a yawn. "Do you guys have anything planned?" She asks, placing her arms on her desk.

"Haven't planned anything yet. But as of now, no." I respond, loading up Instagram on my phone.

"What about you, Jade?" Katie questions with a curious tone.