Chapter One: Uncontrollable Feelings

This chapter is written from Cherryl's point of view.

— — —

Five years ago...

"Can someone call up Cherryl?" one best friend of mine, Shayne, got to call me from afar, where I was seen cutting designs for our upcoming pre-graduation reporting for our Disciplines and Ideas in the Social Sciences class. "I need her so that she will be reporting with Ethan on this one!"

"Coming!" Jaiden, my another best friend, shouted back. "Where are they?!"

"Ethan was also gone as well. Where have they been?" Shayne asked. I volunteered to go to Shayne to discuss some matters, but Ethan was not around.

"So what to do?" I asked. Shayne gave me a paper to begin. "This is gonna be a difficult one. He is the only one who has a knowledge about this."

I wanted to step away from the plans, but it was already too late. It was uncontrollable. Now, I questioned, how am I supposed to report this matter when I had no idea about everything?

I rolled my eyes, ignoring Ethan's approach as he went up to me.

His brown eyes searching for me the whole time, makes me feel embarassed as he grabbed the paper from me, and have been messy ever since I found out he kissed multiple girls in the past.

How dumb.

I took one step away from him, glaring all the time. I wonder what made him smile while reading the context Shayne gave us.

Is it because he found out that the gender equality was too easy to debunk, or is it because of me—

Cherryl, stop being so delusional.

Because of my grogginess, I found myself laying in Ethan's chest. I never complained, nor step away. I just took a short nap while being wrapped in each other's arms. Everytime they ask what's the link or connection between Ethan and I, he would always say,

"We're just friends, idiots."

That pains me to hear, honestly.

I never would have thought that I would suddenly fall onto him, but I had to hold back because he is a playboy. He kisses different people and even slept with them, that diminishes my feelings for him.

I heard Ethan reading the paper while brushing my hair, "So the gender equality is not possible because of different reasons."

"Hey Ethan," I heard Jaiden from his side. "Are you two good?"

"Cherryl and I will make a good team for the reporting. We will beat up those feminists and how they kept being against my views. Rather, me and Cherryl's views."

"You two are the best! Good luck!" she jumped out of joy before continuing to make a presentation for our research.

"... and they wanted to simplify and define feminism for us? Huh, what a bunch of idiots," he spatted, his arms still wrapped onto me as I sleep. "They'll never understand what really goes into that thing. Cherryl will also beat them up so whatever."

I felt him slowly wiggling from me, trying to move out.

"Ethan..." I murmured. "Could you please stay with me after class so that we can work out on the reporting?"

"I will, pumpkin." he had to stare at his surroundings before planting a kiss to my forehead, causing me to freeze for about a couple seconds.

He left to practice everything out, while I was alone again. I laid on my arms to keep taking naps, while not feeling the scent I was looking forward to smell and laid on.