Chapter Three: What Are We?

This chapter is written in Cherryl's point of view.

This chapter contains mature themes that is not suitable for the younger audiences to read. Read at your own risk.

Update: It no longer appears as I have changed everything.

— — —

"Look, I'm embarassed to confess to Ethan, okay? Also, I'm not ready to be in a relationship. What if he finds another one before I could steal him?"

"We are left with no choice, Cherryl," Gnille, a friend of mine, replied to me. "I know it might be frustrating for you, especially that you gave your study more priority.

"Relationship will come," I sighed. "It will come."

"But Ethan can be impatient. He might be able to have another girl at the end of the month. Be vigilant. If you really care about Ethan, then care for yourself first before you involve in a relationship."

That was what Gnille told me before we parted ways. Now I'm shaking in my own desk, since I need my own time to form my own speech to rebut against Emil's group.

Now, I stopped my progress in my own speech. I halted my progress to think even further. I was very frustrated to think of what Gnille had told me again and again. It made me think, am I still relevant?

"Babe," my 'friend', Ethan, tapped me on my shoulder. "Are you already done? I made you a lunch. You skipped breakfast this morning."

I must've realised I spent too much on working on our presentation script.

"I'll go after you." was my response before he nodded and gave me a squeeze on my right hand.

"Please do eat. I'm so worried for you."

"I will eat after this presentation script I made." I insisted.

"At least eat for me, can you?" he pressed a kiss to my temple. "I've been worried about your situation there."

I stood and gave him a reassuring hug. "I will."

I followed him to the dining table while I'm being prepared a set of lunch. I thanked him silently for it, but I managed to let him stay to join me. I asked if he could be true to his words.

However, my mind went differently, as I fantasize myself making love with him.

Wait, what was I thinking?!

But the real question is, does Ethan loves me, or is he just using me?

"Cherryl, are you alright?" he snapped me back into reality. I looked at my own surroundings, sweating from the daydream.

"Y-yeah," I blushed while bringing my empty into the diswasher. "I'm just thinking about you a lot."

"Hmm?" he lean onto the diswasher and helped me close it. "What do you mean?"

"I mean... you know, like us, making love and such."

"Why?"

"You've been kissing me like a lot even though we are just friends!" I turned to him and stare at him.

He scratched his head and fixed his glasses. "It's because both of us love it."

"I know," I stepped closer to him. "I just love you too much, don't I?"

"I do love you too, but I'm so confused by what we are now. We can't erase the kissing that we both plant to each other, but we can still change."

"Ever since I laid my eyes on you the moment I saw you... I just can't help but seeing you in a different way... even though you were with other women dating them. I've had feelings for you, alright? Since then!"